Chapter 01

This is the last installment on "The" series...hope you like it.

The story between Star, one of Natalie's step-sister & Warren from "Affection series" AKA "Warrior's Affection"

This is the beginning of something new. The mafia meets the werewolves.

Also, this book in between chapters of The Fedora & The Toolbox, if any confusion ask away.

Happy reads :)

The moment he stepped on the ground, he knew he did the right thing to take the much-needed break from everything.

His duties.

His pack.

His friends.

His family.

His responsibilities.

And as he stands there looking at his house, one where he grew up, one where he had nothing but good memories, memories of him running around wild and free.

Therefore, once again here he is, but not as wild and free as he once was, in search of something even he does not know.

Holding his bag tightly in his hands Warren walks towards the steps that needed to be checked as it creaked when he stepped on it.

He knew the house like him needed some changes, as it was not in the right condition just like him. Opening the door to his new house, Warren cringes, as it needs a bit more force to open before the door finally opens but on one condition, it broke down.

Warren chuckles as he stares at the door handle in his hand, before putting it down, he sighs remembering the last time he visited this place. He smiles as he remembers it was not a long time ago, the last time he was in here, it was with Jasmine as the girl had begged him to take her with him and they did have a good time, her mostly running around the jungle.

Walking around the house Warren makes sure to check on everything that needs to be renovated and changed and that he will do the first thing in the next morning but for now he needs a much needed long run.

Therefore, once he finishes inspecting the house he goes to open the back door of the house and without a second thought turns into his wolf form and speeds towards the familiar trees, where most of his childhood was well spent.

Warren runs in full speed before he comes near the cliff and halts staring ahead, he howls letting everyone know he was back. After his long howl, he quietly enjoys the breeze and the quietness that follows it staring at nothing but just greenery and a clear blue sky above him.

He does not know how long he stays on the cliff in his wolf form but something from behind the bushes breaks his concentration. Sniffing, the wolf grins as he gets his prey as well as the food for the day.

*******

With a dead rabbit hanging in his mouth the wolf makes his way back home happily, Warren does not even bother to turn back into his human form as he reaches his home just as he goes to enter the house the sound of a car stops him dead in his tracks.

Therefore, he jumps hiding behind the shadows and in high alert checks on the intruder, the car passes by him and he tenses. Warren in his wolf form follows the car to see where it was headed as there was only one way out of the place and seeing how the car was not going that way was a worrisome thing for Warren.

When the car comes to a stop Warren growls in annoyance, as it seems he had some neighbors. He hides behind the trees and keeps his eyes on the people as they walk out of the car, a man and a woman.