13 | Excruciatingly Real

I WAS BOILING AT THE FACT LEVI followed me and ended up hearing Jax's secret and probably what I said about my secret and suddenly it made me feel better that I chose not to tell him

I WAS BOILING AT THE FACT LEVI followed me and ended up hearing Jax's secret and probably what I said about my secret and suddenly it made me feel better that I chose not to tell him. Even though, I don't think I can tell anyone my secret, tell anyone what happened that night.

I bite down on my pen unconsciously as I think, not taking in a word from geography class. The bell forces me back into consciousness, I pack my things up as Mr. Sanchez says a few things that drift into the air. "See you all in our next class," was all I could I pick up as I exited the class.

My phone starts ringing in my pocket and I bring it out to look at the Caller ID, to my surprise it was Travis. "Travis, hey," I say, pushing through the crowd to my locker.

"Hi, Zahra," he says. "Sorry for calling you on school hours, I assume it is lunch?"

"You assumed correctly," I say, finally reaching my locker. "What's up?"

"I wanted to know if you would be busy this friday?" He asks. "My parents are having an opening for their winery, I wanted to know if you would like to attend it with me,"

"Sure," I say without even thinking. "I would love to,"

"Great," He says. "Would you like me to pick you up or would you prefer to meet me there?"

"It's ok, I think I would prefer to meet you there," I sigh.

"No problem," he says. "I'll send you the address in a few minutes,"

"Ok," I say, dropping my books in the locker. "See you then," with that I hang up and lean my head against the locker.

"You look tired," Kris says from behind me. "Exhausted, actually. Had a long night?"

"I barely got three hours of sleep," I groan, rubbing my eyes. "I have a fucking migraine,"

She digs into her bag and brings out of a pack of Advil. "Here," she pours out two pills and hands them to me. "That should help a little,"

"Thanks," I say, throwing the pills into my mouth and swallowing them. I close my eyes for a few seconds before opening them to see Levi approaching me. I groan, I did not have enough energy for this right now. My head is banging, I can barely see and I think I have a sore-throat.

"Zahra," he says stopping in front of me. He eyes Kris before turning to me. "Can we talk, please?"

"I don't think so," I say, clearing my throat. "Not right now. Maybe, later,"

He nods. "Fine," he turns around and walks towards the main doors. He must probably think I was still angry at him. I wasn't, I just didn't have the strength the have such a conversation with him.

"Relationship problems," Kris asks, chewing her gum obnoxiously loud.

"Can you not chew like that," I request. "And not really. I just don't have it in me right now to have a conversation on trust with him,"