21 | There Is Complexity

 "I WON'T STAY LONG," I SAY, looking at my mother

"I WON'T STAY LONG," I SAY, looking at my mother. "It'll end by twelve and I'll probably be home before that," that was a lie, the party ends whenever everyone is exhausted and decides to leave or pass out.

She peaks up at me from the beef she was slicing. "If I say yes and let you go, will you stop pestering me?"

I smile excitedly. "Yes,"

She sighs. "Then you can go for the party. Stay away from alcohol, don't take drinks from strangers and come back home before eleven or you will be in serious trouble. Is that understood, Zahra?"

I nod happily. "Completely understood," I was happy she decided to let me go, I could have easily just snuck out but my mum has been too observant these past few days, so I had to be careful. "Thanks, mum," I stand up and kiss her cheek before running to my room.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and call Kris, sprawling across my bed as the phone rings.

On the sixth ring she finally answers. "Did your mum say yes?"

"She did," I say, rolling onto my back. "It was a bit difficult but I got her to agree,"

"Great," She says. "I'll come over and pick you up by eight?" I was about to answer before she cuts me off. "Do you have what to wear?"

"Of course, I do," I say. "I had it picked out since when I heard about the party,"

"It better show a little something," she says. "Anyways, I'll see you by eight,"

I hang up and toss my phone across my bed, stretching before standing up and heading to my closet. I take out the clothes I had picked out and place them neatly onto the bed.

"Zahra," my mother calls. "Zahra, you have a visitor,"

I hadn't been expecting any visitors, I wondered who it could possibly be. "I'm coming," I yell as I exit the room. I pause in the middle of the staircase and peak at who it could be so I could prepare myself for whatever conversation we were going to have. It was Elliot.