~Food~

*Mika's POV*

       I woke up to the sunlight in my eyes. The blankets covered over me and felt so warm. I haven't felt so loved in so long. I looked over and saw Yu wasn't in the bed. I crawled out, my tail swishing back and forth. I opened the door and heard a huge crash. "Damnit."   Yu said, crouching down to pick up the pan. "Morning Yuu-Chan" I said, walking over to him. He looked up at me. "Oh. H-hey Kitty." He said, standing back up. "Did you just call me kitty?" I asked. "Yeah. Is that ok?" He put the pan in the sink. "I would prefer Mika but that's ok I guess." I said, sitting at the bar. He picked up the food on the floor and put it away. "Well, it looks like we aren't eating breakfast today." He said, sadly. Then I got an idea. "Oo! I know a place where we can get breakfast!" I said, hopping down and headed for the door. "Where?" He asked. I opened the door and faced him. "Just follow me ok?" I said and slowly started to transform into a cat again. My vision became blurry, then I lost all colour. "Ok I still need to get use to that." He said, rubbing his eyes. I started down the stairs of the building to the lobby. "Hey Mika, wait up!" Yuu said and started running after me. I felt him pick me up and put me in his jacket. "I'm not actually suppose to have pets so I need to hide you whenever I take you out." He whispered to me and walked into the lobby. "Hello Yuichiro. Off to work I see." The receptionist said. "Not today. I got fired. I'm off to see a friend." He responded. 'Yu got fired from his job?' "Oh I'm sorry to hear that. If you ever need a job, I can ask my cousin Ridder. He owns a lawn business." He said. "No thanks. I'll be fine. Thank you though." Yu said and left. He walked away from the building before letting me down.

        "Alright, where to next." He said. I nodded my head and started running. I heard him follow behind me. I turned a corner and halted to a stop. My ears twitched a bit and I sniffed the air. I became human again just as Yu turned the corner. "Mika? Mika what is it?" "Shh. There's someone here." I told him. My ears perked again and my eyes narrowed. I crouched down in an attack position. Then I pounced. "Mika!" I rolled out, tackling the other Neko. "Mika get off!" They said. I turned around the pinned him to the ground. "Hi Ferid!" I said, closing my eyes and smiling. "Was that even necessary?" Ferid asked, pushing me off. I rolled around and stood up. "Yes. Yes it was." I said, scratching behind my ears. He stood up and fixed his ponytail. "You know, you should really cut this." I said, playing with his ponytail. He smacked my hand away and looked up at Yu. "Well who's this?" Ferid asked, walking up to Yu. "He's my owner. This is Yuu-Chan." I said, putting my hands behind my back. He circled Yu. "Um Mika, what is he doing?" Yu asked. "Just don't ask."

       Ferid came back next to me and looked up and down at Yu. "He is pretty cute." He said. "Excuse me?" Yu asked. I punched Ferid in the arm and looked away blushing. He faced me. "What? He is" he said, shrugging. Yu shook his head and looked back at me. "Anyways, Mika are we almost there?" He asked. "Uh huh, just down here." I said, walking down the ally way. I walked up to the door and knocked. It opened and I heard a screech. "Mikaela!! You came back!!" She said, running over to hug me. "H-hi Mitsu. I came for breakfast. I even brought a friend." I said and turned to Yu. "Yuichiro? Is that you?" She asked. Yu looked up at her in shock. "Mitsuba?" He asked. "Whoa, hi! Sorry about my father the other day. He can be kinda strict." She said, letting us in. "Don't worry. I don't care. His restaurant is horrible though."

"Isn't it?"

     We sat down at the table and Mitsuba started cooking. "So, how long have you known Mika?" Yu asked. I played with my tail as Ferid gave me weird looks. "Not long. Couple months maybe. What about you?" She asked. "Like what, two days?" He asked, looking at me. "Yep. Two days." I said. I walked over to Mitsuba and grabbed a stool. "Need any help?" I asked, looking at what she was doing. "No, I'm fine. Go sit down." She said and I obeyed. After a couple of minutes she came over with the food and placed it in front of us. "So I'm trying to convince my dad to give you your job back." Mitsuba said to Yu. "You don't have to do that. I'll find another job." He said, declining. "Come on, Yu. I know you don't have that much money. What if you don't even find a job? You could become homeless." She said, worried. "Mitsuba, I'll be fine." He said. "Not buying it. I'll get you your job back, I promise you." She said as I final answer. He rolled his eyes and went back to eating. We all went silent as we cleared our plates.

"So Mika, is there anything else that you want to show me?" He asked me. I shook my head and placed my plate in the sink. "Not really. Is there anything you want to do?" I asked. "Do you need clothes?" He asked. My eyes brightened up. "Y-yes! I do actually." I said, blushing. "Alright then. Let's go." He said, grabbing his jacket from the coat hanger. "Ok. Thanks for the food Mitsu!" I said, waving goodbye. "Bye! Come back anytime you need food guys!" She said and I closed the door. We walked out of the ally way and started to the store. "H-hey can we find a hat real quick?" I asked. "Yeah, why?" He asked. I pointed to my ears and he realized. "Oh yeah. Let's go find a hat." He said and started to walk inside. I grabbed his hand so I wouldn't get lost. We walked into one of the shops and I immediately found a hat I liked. "Is this one ok?" I asked, showing it to him. "How much is it?" "$2." He nodded his head and went to pay for it. He handed it to me and I put it on quickly. "Wrap your tail around your waist like its a belt." He said and I obeyed. I grabbed his hand again and we walked around the mall.

       "What size are you?" Yu asked. "Maybe a small." I said. He nodded and walked us over to the smalls. I went through the clothes, not finding anything good. "Can I go look over there?" I asked. "Yeah, go ahead." I smiled and ran over to the clothes. "Mikaela? Is that you?" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around and stood there in shock. He walked up to me and looked up and down. "Haven't changed at all, have you? You brat." He said, grabbing my shoulder. "D-dad?" I asked, terrified. "Oh, you remembered who I am! Surprising." He said, laughing. I backed up slightly, only to back into the clothing rack. He took my hat off, revealing my ears. "You're still a damn cat?" He asked, throwing it to the floor. I was to terrified to move. My breathing staggered. "What? It's just your old man. Why are you so scared?" He asked, taking another step forward. He smirked evilly, looking down at me. I looked away and pushed past him and ran to Yu. I hugged him from behind and nuzzled into his back. "Whoa, Mika what is it?" He asked. "Get me out of here, right now." I said, crying. "What happened?" "Well look what we have here." My dad said. I turned around and looked at him scared. "Who's your friend Mikaela?" He asked. I hid behind Yu. "What's wrong?" He asked me. "Are you going to answer my question?" He asked, taking a step forward. "Get the hell away from us!" I yelled at him. "Mika, who is that?" Yu asked again. I stayed silent.

       "Well, I am his father." He said. I held onto Yu tightly, trying not to cry. "You're his father?" Yu asked.  "In the flesh and blood." He said, smiling. "Yuu-Chan, please take me home." I whispered. Yu looked at him then slowly turned around to check out, me holding his hand tightly. I flattened my ears to hide them as Yu payed for the clothes. We left the store, images of m father still flashing through my mind. "Mika? Are you ok?" Yu asked me. I shook my head, almost in the brink of tears. "H-he touched me. I was to scared to do anything." I said, stuttering. Yu stopped at a bench and sat down, looking at me. "Where did he touch you?" He asked, concerned. I looked away, shutting my eyes tightly. "Mika, answer me." He said again, grabbing my shoulders. I pulled his hands off. "L-lets just go home." I said, walking away. I felt him grab my hand again as walked back to the apartment building. Yu unlocked the door and I walked inside. I sat on the club and curled up into a ball, hugging my knees to my chest. Yu sat down next to me and rubbed my back for comfort. I sat up and leaned against him, hugging him tightly. "Yuu-Chan, I thought he was going to hurt me. My entire body froze, I could barely breathe." I whispered. He pet my head and shushed me. "It's ok. I'm here." He said quietly. I cuddled up next to him an F held him for the rest of the night.

Ok I know the ending sucked, hush children. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!!

Like**********

Comment****

Share********