Chapter 3 (continued)

AUTHOR'S NOTE

   I AM SOOOOOO SORRY. I HAVE HAD A HARD FEW MONTHS WITH SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING. I'LL TRY TO WORK ON MY STORY MORE OFTEN OKAY? AGAIN I'M SORRY AND ENJOY THIS CHAPTER.................WELL CONTINUED CHAPTER ANYWAY.

Continued..................................

    Bright light invaded my eyes when I finally woke up. I blinked a few times getting used to the brightness in the room. I then decided to sit up; I then regretted it. My vision blurred and  my stomach lurched. I groaned and slammed my body back down into the softness of the bed. I closed my eyes for a few seconds until my head stopped swimming and my stomach calmed down. I reopened my eyes and moved back towards the headboard of the bed so I could sit up without feeling sick. I began to examine myself. I winced when I saw what I looked like. Man, I was not pretty.

    I suddenly felt my eyelids become heavy and my muscles relax. My body wanted to go back to sleep, but I didn't want to, so I tried to fight it. My fighting was to no avail though, so I gave in. My eyelids dropped and I fell asleep sitting up against the headboard of my bed.

   When I met darkness, I began to dream. In my dream, I felt like I was falling. It was both a weird and terrifying thing. I then stopped suddenly and the darkness started to fade. I thought, frightened and excited, that I might have another experience with my father, but instead I saw a picture of Jake. But wait. I looked harder. I gasped and saw Jake move. I smiled and saw that it was like a vision of a Jake in the future. I then heard him speak.

   "I can't believe she's been.....been asleep for three weeks. I hope she's....she's okay. Oh man, oh man, oh man. It's all my....my....my fault. Maybe she's dying...or...or...or in a coma!" I heard him slur.

  Slur? I looked closer at the vision and saw bottles of alcohol everywhere and do I mean everywhere. My eyes opened and remembered his words. The she has to be me and.......OMG.......I've been asleep for three weeks?! I then snap back to reality or my dream reality, whatever. My eyes were as big as saucers when I realized this was present time and it was happening right now. I glanced at Jake and I frowned. His clothes were disheveled, his hair was a rat's nest, he had very dark bags under his eyes, stubble on his chin, and looked like he hadn't slept or taken a shower for a long time. I pitied him. I didn't want to look at Jake anymore. My heart felt broken and I wanted to comfort him, but I didn't know why. I didn't eve know him for heavens sake!

   Jake disappeared and darkness then consumed me again. I then started  to hear things. A beeping sound, chirping, and my heartbeat. My eyelids then shot open and I realized I woke up. I looked at the clock in the room and saw that it was nine o'clock. I guessed it was in the morning because of the birds chirping.

   I had the sudden urge to go to the bathroom, so I decided to be daring. Desperate times call for desperate measures. A woman has her needs. I painfully and slowly sat up and waited for my vision to clear, yet again. I then slowly swung my legs over the side of the bed. I slid down off the bed and soon felt the coldness of the wooden floor underneath my feet. I looked around the room for the bathroom. I soon spotted a door and thought in might be the bathroom. I made small baby steps over to it. I smiled as I realized my mad guessing skills were on the spot. I walked in and did my business. When I went to wash my hands, I involuntarily looked at the mirror. My smile faded to a frown. I looked like death. My skin was strangely pale,  my eyes looked sunken, and my hair was a complete mess. Too bad I didn't have any make-up. That would fix it. I dried my eyes and walked out of the bathroom. My stomach then decided to be hungry and a loud grumble reverberated around the room. I decided to go look for the kitchen and get some food.