Chapter 6

SORRY GUYS FOR THE LONG WAIT!!!!! SCHOOL RUINS EVERYTHING FOR ME!!!!! ANYWAY I'M IN MOCK TRIAL(DEBATE TEAM) AND IT'S SOOOOOO HARD. SO ANYWAY TO CHAPTER 6 OF.......................UNGODLY

          I stared at the man with pure shock. He can't be real. He just can't be. That wasn't possible. You know.......the whole flying water turning into a man thing. I must be dreaming. Yeah that's it, I'm just dreaming. I sighed and pinched my arm. Ouch. Yeah I'm not asleep. Dang it.

        "Are you okay, Lailah?" Mysterious apparition man questioned.

        That broke me out of my stupor. I blinked a few times and pinched my arm again.

         "May I ask why you keep harming yourself, my dear?" Ghost man asked. Does he...it......ever shut up?

         I finally choked out a question.

         "Uummm.......are you real?" It came out as a whisper and for good reason, too. I was scared and confused. I didn't know what was happening.

          "Also, who are you?"

           I jumped. I turned around and saw Jake. I breathed out in relief. Jeeze, he nearly made me faint in fright when I heard him speak.

           I turned back around when I heard water man chuckle. You know what.....I think water man is appropriate right now. He's know known as water man. I saw water man give me a ghost of a smile, then look behind me at Jake.

           "What? You don't know who I am? I am greatly offended Jake." Water man put a hand over his heart and frowned, but I saw the amusement in his eyes.

             Now I was the one to frown. How did he know Jake's name? Did they know each other.  Noooo, they can't know each other. Jake doesn't know who water man is. I felt reassured at this fact, but my heart suddenly seized up in fear. Then how did water man know Jake's name?

             I snapped back to reality when I felt water man's gaze on me. He smiled at me when he knew that he caught my attention.

             "And to answer your question my dear, yes I am real." The water man stated.

             I gulped. Yup, definitely not a dream. 

             I then felt my blood pressure rise. How dare this thing frighten me! I do not like being frightened. I finally gained enough courage to ask water man something.

              I looked straight at water man's eyes and glared at him.

              "Then prove it." I retorted.

               Water man raised his eyebrows at me then smirked. He raised his hands above his head, as if surrendering, and stared at me.

               "My dear girl, you have me there. I would prove to you I am indeed real. Come here."

                I widened my eyes and glanced over my shoulder to Jake to ask him a silent question of should I listen to water man or stay, but his eyes were not on me. They were on water man. I raised my eyebrows at him in confusion and looked at his eyes. They were looking at water man, but not in a threatening or scared way. They looked confused and seemed to be asking a question. But why? I thought.

               I decided to shake Jake out of his trance by saying, "Ummmm.......Jake?"

               Well it worked. Jake jerked his head to me, back to water man, then back to me. Why was he acting so strange?