chapter 5

"Why are we stopping here?" Chris asked, eyeing Louise.

"I didn't have any caffeine today and I'm basically dead," Louise replied, getting out of the car. The two boys followed her inside the small shop.

"Wait, I hear them!" Dan nearly shouted, as the volume of the song in his head was getting quite loud.

"You don't need to shout, Dan," Chris muttered, getting in line with Louise.

However, Dan paid no attention. Due to the music, he couldn't have heard Chris even if he tried. He clutched his head, trying to cover his ears even though he knew that wouldn't help. 

****

Phil was only stepping out of the back door of the coffee shop when he was suddenly overpowered with Muse. He tried to stay calm as he turned around and slowly made his way to the front of the store. It was difficult for Phil to concentrate as the sound got louder and louder.

****

Dan subconsciously began to make his way to the middle of the store. Louise and Chris tried to stop him, but music blocked out their words. 

Muse was practically overwhelming all of Dan and Phil's senses as they got closer and closer to each other. 

Everything around them seemed to stop when brown met blue.

"It's actually you," Phil breathed.

*****

author's note // yes, this chapter is extremely short oops