chapter 6

Sure, it sounds cliché, but everything around Dan seemed to stop when he met Phil's eyes. They were like deep abysses in the ocean, just waiting to be explored. As if he couldn't be even more captivated by the boy, the dark-haired stranger opened his mouth and began to speak. His voice was deeper than Dan had expected, and he suddenly felt quite small as he opened his own mouth. "Indeed, it is me," he managed to squeak out. Damn it! You sound like you're like 2. Why do you have to be so awkward?! Dan hadn't realized Muse had quieted down to a soft hum until later, as he was so focused on the attractive stranger standing in front of him.

"Muse, eh?" Phil smiled, quirking an eyebrow. He watched as the younger boy blushed, fiddling with his fringe. Phil couldn't stop smiling even if he tried. He's so beautiful.

"Yeah, they're one of my favorite bands. I assume you like them too, since Muse was just blaring in my head." Dan grinned.

"Of course!" Phil exclaimed. "I forgot to introduce myself, I'm such an idiot! I'm Phillip Michael Lester," he suddenly blushed realizing his mistake, "erm, just call me Phil."

Damn, he was cute. "Nice to meet you, Phillip Michael Lester. I'm Daniel James Howell, but you can call me Dan." Dan winked at Phil. He grinned at satisfaction when the taller boy flushed a deeper shade of red. 

"Hate to break up this beautiful moment, guys, but I'd like to order." Chris interrupted them before turning to the cashier and ordering a decaf.

"Sorry about Chris," Dan apologized to Phil, shooting his friend a dirty look.

"No problem," Phil smiled.

That smile could end wars. He's literally a ray of sunshine. Dan wasn't sure what made him do it, but he suddenly got an impulse just to throw his arms around the other boy. So that's just what he did. At first, Phil was a bit surprised at the sudden contact, but then he pulled Dan closer. 

"I can't believe I've finally found you after 4 years," Phil breathed, surrounding himself with Dan's sweet scent.

"I haven't been this happy for a while," Dan admitted, burrowing his face into the other boy's powdery blue shirt.

*****

author's note // just to clarify, phil had finished talking to tyler but just as he was about to leave the shop, dan came in. also, the next few chapters will be dan and phil in stages of their relationship (such as meeting parents and stuff). this chapter was also quite short lmao