Chapter Three

2:45 AM; October 18, 2013

A figure stood over Max. Since her vision was blurry. It looked like, Chloe. Max smiled. "Chloe..?" The face was soon to be made out. "Max, It's Kate." Max's facial expression changed. Even though it would just be a dream or a nightmare, Max wanted to see Chloe again, and wanted it to feel, real. "Hey Kate." Kate helped Max lean up, as she was up, Kate gave the most, firm hug ever. "I was- so, so scared." Kate squeezed Max's cheeks. They were eye to eye. "I was praying so hard, I knew it wouldn't be too bad, but, I didn't want you to be hurt." Kate kissed Max's cheek. Max was overwhelmed. Where are we? Max smiled, looking around Kate's head. Nurses office. "Sorry for passing out like that." Kate dug her head into Max's neck. "I'm just glad you're okay Max."

BZZZ

Kate jumped, "Think that's your phone." Kate backed up from Max. Max picked up her phone. "People have been like spamming you, this whole time."

1:23
From Victoria;

-I was in the plaza with Taylor, you and Jesus girl are hanging out? have fun.

2:15

From Victoria;
-I just saw you walk into the nurses office with Jesus girl

2:20
-reply? fucking rude

2:25
-Max?

2:28
-sorry for calling Kate 'Jesus girl', if that's why ur mad at me

2:34
-max, are you okay?
-if you don't reply I'm gonna come to the nurse office

2:40
-I'm here, I have to like sign in
-this is so fucking embarrassing
-if Jesus girl is hurt or you're just ignoring me, I'll be super fucking mad

2:43
-the nurse is walking me there, hopefully you're okay, fuckhead.

Kate sat next to Max. "Hey, we should go back to your dorm after, your shirts kinda bloody."
Kate pointed at Max's shirt. Max looked down, then Kate's hand hit Max's chin. "Made ya look." Max giggled.  "It is actually bloody though." Kate said, smiling. Max kissed Kate's forehead. "Oh- Hey Maxine, and Jesus girl." Max slowly took her lips off of Kate's forehead. Kate put her arms to her lap. "Hi." Kate looked at her lap. Max looked at the nervous Kate next to her, then at Victoria. "Hey, Victoria." Victoria, stared mindlessly at Max, then the nurse, Ms. Harris walked in with a glass of water. "Drink." Max took the cup and gulped it down, coughing, from swallowing too fast. "Maxine Caulfield, are you pregnant?" Ms. Harris took the cup and put it on the table. Victoria scoffed, "I asked you this, if you lied, I'll be super mad." Max smiled lightly. "No." Kate scooted closer to Max, intimated by Victoria. Victoria stared.
"Are you Anemic?"
"No."
"Well, that's about it, your temperature is okay,  I can't do any official, blood work, but if this happens, please go to the hospital, I can't do everything for you hon," Ms. Harris wrote something down on her little notepad thing, then gave Max a post it. 'Max Caulfield is excused from classes from 10-18-13 to 10-19-13. On 10-20-13, she may (should) return back to her regular schedule. Signed, Ms. Harris.' "You can get going now," Max stood to her feet. Kate followed. "Please, eat well." Kate reached for Max's hand, there fingers intwined. Victoria's jaw clenched. "You hear fuckfield? I hope you're eating good." Max nodded. "Victoria, watch your Language." Ms. Harris scowled at Victoria while walking out. Victoria rolled her eyes. Kate picked up Max's bag. "I'll hold this for you." Max smiled, "Thanks Katie." Kate looked down at her feet and kicked her right foot. "No problem, Maximillion." Victoria bit the inside of her cheek. Max stopped smiling at Kate, and looked up at Victoria. "You can go to whatever class you have right now, thanks for caring though." Max smiled. "Yeah, no problem." Victoria's eyes slowly went from the stupid hipster to the stupid hipsters left hand, which was holding Jesus girls right hand. "Well." Victoria's eyes skimmed over Kate. "I'll talk to you l- I'll see you around, Max." Victoria's right hand lightly traced her own hair. While she was walking out, she turned around, stared at Kate and Max holding hands. "I- I'm glad you're okay." Max smiled, slowly rocking her hand back and forth while holding Kate's hand. "See ya Victoria." As soon as Victoria walked out, Kate took a big breath and exhaled. "She's being, nice.. ish?" Max nodded. "Yeah, she has." Kate started walking, with her book-bag on and Max's bag around her shoulder. While Max was being dragged around by Kate to the dorms, Kate turned her head. "You know, I believe in forgiveness, so I'm going to forgive Victoria for posting, that awful video." Max smiled, "You're good for that." Kate Mhm-ed. "Yeah, she apologized so, forgiveness is key, right?" Max pulled herself closer to Kate. "Yeah, forgiveness is key." As Kate ran with Max, around Blackwell to girls dorms and up to Maxs dorm, giggling, Max pushed Kate into her room. "C'monnn," Kate laid back on Max's bed.  "Victoria was acting weird." Max took off her zip up sweater. "Turn around Kate." Kate turned and faced the wall as Max took off her shirt. "Like when we were holding hands, she was, angry? Do you think she was.. jealous?" Max scratched the back of her neck. "You can look now." Kate turned around and sat up. "I didn't see it, Victoria was just being.. Victoria." Kate got up, taking some of the clothes from under Max's bed and folding them. "Whatever you say, I saw it though, she was like, angry?" Max checked her phone. 3:27. "Kate, when's your next class?" Kate hanged up a sweater of Max's. "3:35? Should I get going?" Max sighed. "Yeah. I've had a great time hanging out tonight, besides me passing out." Max opened her arms for a hug. Kate took the offer. "Please, Please, if anything happens, be safe, I'll come by after to check on you okay?" Max nodded. "Yeah, Yeah, okay." Kate kissed Max's cheek. "I'll see you later Maximillion!" Max waved, as her door shut. Max was alone, again. Max picked up her phone, and sat on her bed.