Chapter Six

6:12 PM, Friday October 18, 2013

6:11PM; From Victoria;
-TTYL Max

Max and Kate walked into the mall. "I really like your outfit, it's cute, but it reminds me of Victoria." Kate fixed her book-bag strap. "Maybe because she bought it for me.." Kate stood in Awe. "You and Victoria? Went shopping?" Max nodded. "She felt bad for me when I passed out. So she took me shopping, and then we ate." Kate grinned. "You know what that sounds like?" Max shook her head. "A date." Max covered her ears, "LALALALA" The strangers walking past gave them awkward stares. Max's 'La-ing' slowly faded. "You know I don't particularly like Victoria, but maybe she's trying to a extra nice person to you." Max rolled her eyes. "I doubt it, she barely even wants to be seen with me, and I bet she's a heterosexual." Max thought of the whole homosexual scene Victoria pulled at that Asian Fusion restaurant, then thought of how Defensive Victoria got. Kate side eyed Max. "Right." Kate used one finger and aligned her bang thing and then held hands with Max. "Whatever you say, but right now, we're hanging out."

9:38PM

Max and Kate we're walking out, suddenly, they past a geeky ass looking store, that sold comic books and figurines. Max recognized a
figurine. I knew I saw that in Victoria's room, in the past. "Hey, wait-wait." Max went up to the glass, seeing the bishojo-type anime character figurine.

"I need to get that

"I need to get that." Max put her face against the glass and pointed. "Why?" Kate stared behind her at the figurine. "I just need it, I'll be right back." Max walked inside of the comic store. "Hello! Welcome to Astro-Nomics! How may I help you. Now, you say it." A white guy with black-ish balding hair said. The young black haired boy standing next to him sighed. Max read the younger ones name-tag. Josh.
"Hey," Josh said.
"Hello." The older guy corrected him.
"Welcome to Astro-Comics" Josh continued.
"Astro-Nomics, and more enthusiasm." The old guy shoved Josh away from Max, "Sorry, he's my step-son slash intern, Welcome! I'm Jim, How can I help you?" Max did a soft smile, "Yeah, you have a figurine of the girl? It glows in the dark and everything. I need that." Jim
Smiled. "I love to see your interest in it, but, sadly, we aren't selling that. Anything else-" Max interrupted him. "I need it. You don't understand." Max sighed. "Literally I'll do anything to get this." Max couldn't fucking believe it. Was she really about to do 'anything' to get this doll for Victoria. Jim hummed. "I mean, my son, step son, could use a girlfriend, you know, to motivate him." Max shook her head. "I can't do that. I'm um, I'm in a relationship." Max picked up her phone.
"How much would you sell it for if you were selling it?"

9:40PM; To Dad;
-Gonna use your credit card, very important stuff, thanks dad :)

"Two Hundred." Jim walked behind the counter. "I'll give you Two-Fifty." Max leaned over the counter, hearing footsteps and turned around to see Kate. "Max, I don't mean to rush you but we have to get back to Blackwell." Max nodded. "No deal." Max sighed. "Two Fifty. Please." Jim smiled. "I see you're very keen to get this figurine. Make it Three Hundred, and you have a deal." Max nodded. "Deal." And with that, Jim went behind the glass and took it down from the top shelf, then scanned it, "Swipe." Max took a credit card that was only supposed to be used during emergencies, and for school supplies, and she swiped. "Would you like a bag?" Max shook her head. "No, Thank you so much." Max took the Figurine and began to walk out. "No problem young one! Come again." I'll probably never come back, but thanks. "You took forever in there." Kate folded her arms. "Sorry, I Had to bribe the guy I was talking to." Kate's eyes widened. "Wow," Max nodded. "I'm like super cool now." Max grinned. "You realized you bribed a guy in a super nerd supply store.. right?" Max shrugged. "Still." They made there way to the bus, and then to Blackwell.