Divorce

Brendon finally drops Morganne's hand once they get about a block away from the venue. The rest of the walk to the venue is silent. Not and uncomfortable silence, but a warm, friendly silence. Only words are spoke when she tell's Brendon which way to go. They soon arrive at the park, where they walk around for a bit before sitting down on the swings and talking.
Morganne tell's Brendon about her childhood and random things about her, and he watches her, listening intently. Then he tells her about his childhood and what it was like becoming who he is today. He patiently answers any questions she asks. Soon they fall back into a comfortable silence. Brendon is the one to break it this time.
"Sarah and I are getting a divorce" Brendon blurts out, looking at his hands. This makes Morganne stop swinging and look at him.
"Wait, really?" She ask, not wanting to press to hard for information.
"Yeah, you are the first person I have told. She has been cheating on me for years and she just up and told me two months ago. I sign the papers in a week." Brendon looks sad and defeated.
Morganne doesn't say anything. She just pulls Brendon up out of the swing and into her arms. He burrows his head in her neck and she can feel the wetness of warm tears hit the exposed skin. She doesn't say anything. She just stands and rubs his back while the tears stream onto her shoulder. Morganne never once thought she would been in this position. Comforting her idol. Being the only person who knew such a huge personal detail about him. Brendon pulls up and wipes his eyes. He pushes Morganne's hair back and kisses her on the forehead.
"Thank you." He smiles at her, not pulling alway from how close they were. He studies all of her features, her large chocolate brown eyes, her cute button nose, her plump lips. His eyes settle on her lips. He wants them against his. More than he had every wanted anything. He doesn't know if he should make a move or not, but when Morganne slides her tongue over her lips, he loses it and pulls her face to his. Their lips connect in the most passionate kiss either of them have experienced. They break apart to catch their breath. Brendon goes wide eyed.
"I-i-i shouldn't have done that" he stutters. "Not that it wasn't amazing, and not that I didn't want to kiss you. I definitely did. You're an amazing, wonderful, kind, gorgeous girl. I just don't want to hurt you by using you a a rebound. Which I don't even know if I will do. I just don't want to risk it". He looks as if he had just killed a puppy.
Morganne just giggles and caresses his cheek. "You're such a silly boy. I'm not upset. We were lost in the moment and it happened. I understand how you're afraid of me being a rebound. You just got out of a five year marriage!" She pushes a lose strand of his hair under the SnapBack "I think you're amazing, and handsome, and I always will think that." Brendon nods reassuringly and pulls her in for a hug. They embrace for several moments until Brendon's phone starts ringing.
Dallon is on the other end of the phone telling Brendon he needs to come back because they go on In 45 minutes, and with that news Brendon and Morganne start walking back to the venue. This time Brendon grabs her hand and she doesn't want him to let it go.

I am finally in Texas so I should be back publishing regularly very soon!!