Prologue

I watched sunset, my eyes scanning the horizon. It was like this everyday. Watching the sun rise and fall was the only thing that I looked forward to. I know, sounds pathetic right?

I sat on the grassy hill, my heart aching for someone. Him.

I missed him so much. The way he smiled, the way he laughed. The way he would hold me in his arms.

What was he doing now? Was he holding someone else in his arms while I was stuck in this world? Was he still mourning?

I grasped my necklace, the only thing that connected me to him. The only piece of him that I had in this world.

In two weeks, my twentieth birthday would be here. In two weeks, he would be free of the curse that made him think he was in love with my sister and I.

I wish I could ease his pain by telling him I was still here. I was still alive.

"What are you doing here? It's almost night and its very dangerous to be alone." I turned to see Fiona, a girl from the village.

"I just needed a glimpse of the sun set. Just a glimpse." I protested, now on my feet.

"Come on Lily, we have to go." Fiona said bluntly, grabbing my wrist. I looked back, sighing. I could see the last of the suns rays shining across the open fields.

I miss you so much, Harry.