Chapter Eight

(Lily's POV)

When I finally gathered enough courage to leave the room, the sun was already down and the moon high in the sky. As I poked my head out of the door I noticed that the hallway was empty. From my right, I could hear soft music playing and the sound of Harry's voice.

I took a step forward and into the hallway, taking a deep breath. I could do this, I could go talk to him.

As I took another step forward my mind ran through thoughts of Helena. Why didn't I stand up to her when she took my necklace? No-why didn't I stand up to her the minute she started being a bitch? Why couldn't I slap her hard like I wanted to? I had no problem doing it to Grace after all.

Why?

Because you believe that Harry truely loves her, The annoying voice in my head answered me. I shook my head in disbelief. After all we've been through, after all the pain we'd felt at eachothers loses Helena was standing in our way.

He loved me didn't he?

But if he really did love me, why was it so hard for him to choose between us? Why was it so hard for him to look at me after he gazed at Helena? Why did he even have to think about his choice?

I stopped just as I was about to open the door, hearing Harry speak. Eavesdropping was never really my thing but at the moment my heart ached to hear what Harry had to say.

"Helena, how have you been for all these years?" He asked in a soft voice that made my heart feel numb.

"Lonely," Helena answered back with her sickly sweet soft voice, "I couldn't stop thinking about you Harry. Everyday, every hour you were all that ran through my mind."

I mentally gagged at her tone. It was far from the tone she had always used with me. It was too soft, too sweet as if she were going to break into pieces. Oh, if only Harry knew how much of a bitch she had been just hours ago. I narrowed my eyes as I waited for Harry's reply.

"I-" he started," wish I could say the same."

There was a pause before he continued. I could imagine Helena's hands in fists as he said those words.

"At first, for a few hundred years you were the only thing that I could think of. What would Helena do if she were here? I wonder what Helena and I could have been doing if she were alive? Those kind of questions always ran through my head. I missed you with all my heart, loved you with all my heart. Till 2018. That was the first time my mind forgot about you. All I could think of was Lily, she is my everything. I couldn't think of you Helena, only Lily. I love her."

My heart warmed at his response. He did love me. He loved me. He really did love me. I set my hand on the door knob, ready to burst in and tell him that he was my everything too. That I loved him.

"-But that doesn't mean I completly let go of you Helena. I still love you, I always will. Just not in the way you want."

"I see," Helena's voice was strained, her softness and sweetness all gone. "I understand."

"Where did you get that?" Harry's voice was suddenly laced with surprise. I released the door knob, wondering what Harry was indicating to.

"This? Lily gave it to me, she said she didn't want it anymore." My eyes widened as I realized that they were talking about the necklace Harry had given me. That evil little whore! I hadn't given it to her, she'd stolen it!

"I see," Harry's voice was dripping with anger and hard as stone. I cringed as I realized what Helena was trying to do. She was trying to make it seem like I didn't love him.

"Harry, your mother, your sister, their here. We've been waiting for you, care to visit them?" Helena added.

"My family are here?" Harry's voice was suddenly bright. "Yes, I'd love that."

Before I could open the door, the door was open from the other side. I blinked, staring at Harry who stared back at me. His eyes hardened as he glanced back at Helena and the necklace that hung from her neck.

"Harry we need to talk-"

"I need to go find my sister and mother," he said quietly.

I opened my mouth to tell him that I understood but as my eyes drifted to Helena, I froze. She smiled at me menacingly. Her eyes were narrowed as she continued staring at me for a few moments.

Taking my silence the wrong way, Harry pushed past me.

"You wouldn't understand. Good thing Helena does." He gestured for Helena to follow him. As I watched them go, my already breaking heart broke some more.