Chapter Five

[Lily's POV]

"It's getting dark," Fiona pointed out, her gaze on the sky. Her long dark hair cascaded down her back as she walked. Her brown eyes met mine with urgency,"we should get going."

"Right," I agreed, noticing that the town was nearly quiet now, once in a while a closing of a door or hush whispers could be heard but other than that, nothing.

"Shit," Fiona cursed,"We only have five minutes till sundown, we'll never make it back!"

Panic spread through me. We were out here, practically vampires food. They had to be starving after all the days that they were deprived of blood.

I watched as Fiona ran to the nearest house, her fists banging against the wooden door.

"Please let us in! Just for the night!" She begged. There was a slight shuffle behind the door before someone replied.

"Too late, only a minute till the sun goes down, we don't welcome strangers!" The woman squealed. "Now go, you'll attract them to my home! Get away!"

"Ple-"

"GET AWAY!"

Taking that as a cue to leave, I turned, walking the way we came. After a minute or so I realized that I couldn't hear Fiona's foot steps.

Hell no.

I whipped around, worry filling me as I realized that Fiona wasnt behind me. Great just great. I had walked into the woods alone. Not to mention the sun was long gone by now.

"Fiona will be fine," I told myself, hoping that the villager had given in and let her in her house.

The sound of a twig breaking from nearby made me jump. Not only was I in the forest, but now I wasn't alone. I inched towards the nearest tree, my hands scrambling to get a branch. Finally my hands steadied and I was able to get a firm enough grip on a thin branch.

I put my back against the tree, my breaths quick. I could feel the hairs on my neck stand on end as I felt someone approach from behind.

One

Two

Three

I jumped out, grabbing the person by the arm, ramming the branch into the vampires heart before I could see its face. I looked down as the vampire let out a choking breath before it laid motionless.

Good to know that I can still fight.

I knelt down to grab the end of the branch, looking away as I attempted to pull it out.

Growls filled the clearing. I turned my head slowly to see three unfamiliar faces glaring down at me, hunger clear in their eyes. I yanked at the branch, praying that it would come out of the dead vampires body. No luck.

I inched away slowly as they stalked towards me, their gleaming red eyes staring me down.

I narrowed my eyes, stopping. If I was going to die anyway, might as well die fighting right. I made my hands into fists, knowing that I was no match for a vampire, but then again, they weren't very strong if they hasn't eaten in months.

As the first one walked forward in a zombie like fashion, I swung my fist at his face, sending him tumbling to the ground. I kicked him in the face, letting out an outraged scream as I felt arms tug me away. I let out a cry and kicked them in the crotch.

The vampire let out a groan, setting me free. My freedom was short lived as fangs sank into my neck.

They were there one moment, gone in the next. I turned, my hand pressed against my neck in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

My eyes widened as I saw a figure kicking the vampire who had attacked me. My savior pushed him against nearest tree before yanking his heart out. I winced as I saw it roll onto the floor in a bloody mess.

As my savior turned to face me, my vision started to blur. Dark blotches blocked my vision as I fell forward. But before that, just right before I lost conscious, I swear-

I swear I saw Harry.