"Mint I love"

Chapter One

"Mint I love"

"Jimin, are you ready?" Yoongi-hyung asked as he continued knocking on Jimin's bedroom door. "Let's go down and eat breakfast."

Jimin took a quick look at himself in the mirror, combing his hair with his fingers until he's satisfied with the messy outcome. "Yeah wait up!" He yelled as he swung his bag over his shoulder and fetches the door only to be greeted by a mint haired boy. Jimin abruptly stopped on his track and involuntarily clutch on the strap of his bag tighter. He didn't want to get caught ogling at the sight of Yoongi so he had to grit his teeth to not let the elder notice any reaction from him. "Wow hyung, why'd you dye your hair?" He asked staring at Yoongi's new hair color.

"Thought I'd look good in it. Don't like it?" Yoongi asked raising his eyebrows expectantly.

Jimin's face broke into a wide grin. "What? Of course I do, you always look good."

"Good." Yoongi nodded once with a smile as he started to walk down the stairs, Jimin trailing behind him.

Jimin's mom greeted them with a wide smile as soon as she saw them approaching the dining table that had already been set, "Yoongi thank you for calling Jimin out, have breakfast with us." Jimin proceeded to sit at his usual seat followed by Yoongi who sat across him after smiling back and bowing respectfully at Jimin's mother.

Min Yoongi has been Jimin's friend after his bestfriend—Kim Taehyung left to Seoul. When Jimin introduced Yoongi to his mother he was surprised that his mom liked Yoongi a lot. That resulted in his mom always inviting Yoongi to eat with them since the boy was living alone next door. Yoongi's parents are working abroad and as a concerned parent she took it upon herself to take care of the boy.

"Jimin, would you like some carrots?" Yoongi-hyung offered.

"Whose carrots?" Jimin asks as a stupid joke but his mom quickly sent him a look and he started to regret his words.

"These carrots." Yoongi-hyung placed some sliced carrots on his plate without looking at him. The light pink dusting the elder's cheeks were enough for Jimin to know that the elder was embarrassed.

"Ah!" He tried to shrug it off and laugh but it came out awkward since his mother narrowed her eyes at him, telepathically telling him to shut his pretty mouth, "I t-thought you were going to crack a j-joke." He told Yoongi who didn't bother to look at him. He then looked at his mother apologetically, she merely rolled her eyes, she knows Jimin's bisexual.

Jimin was lucky his mother was not a homophobe, when he told his mother he wasn't straight she had accepted him with a big hug saying, 'Why didn't you tell me sooner?' Indeed, he was extremely lucky to have a parent like her but he was everything but lucky when it comes to love.

---

"Hyung?"

"Yeah?" Yoongi looked over his shoulder. "Why are you walking behind me?"

Jimin skipped some step so he can walk beside Yoongi. He flashed a wide toothless smile as he looked at the elder. "You look cute Jimin." Yoongi commented smiling fondly at him. Jimin couldn't stop the blush that crept up to his cheeks so he playfully shoved the elder aside as he continued walking.

They entered the school premise and Jimin found himself smiling to some familiar faces walking pass them. The school is exclusive for boys so it only fueled Jimin's desire to date boys since girls are hardly ever seen lurking around the campus.

"Jimin." Yoongi tugged Jimin closer to him a bit harshly causing their shoulders to bump. "You're never gonna change, are you?"

"What do you mean?" The younger chimed innocently still with a smile across his face.