9- High End Heights

Waking up first thing the next morning, I get cleaned up and start my car. It gives out a low whine from not being used lately and I sit in it until its broken protests turn into purrs. I press down on the gas as we go in reverse down my driveway, the garage shutting as we hit the road.

I've packed up a few things late last night after my parents left and before I went to sleep. I even packed up all of my clues I got from her. The money I received was sitting in the passenger seat as I head off for a bank, getting there and putting majority of it on my card. After the transaction is made, I head for the Appleton Airport.

"When is your next flight to Los Angeles, California?" The flight attendant behind the counter looks down at his computers screen; his name tag reading Justin.

"Ah," Justin says in self-victory. "In an hour an a half, unless delayed. Do you have a ticket?"

"No." I answer, a small blush coming to my cheeks. "That would be my next question."

"Well why don't you head to the next service area and find Karina, she can help you get one." He smiles and I return the small gesture before I turn away, walking. "Hello! How can I help you?" His voice sounds to the man that was next in line.

"Hello. How may I help you?" This time a girls voice sounds in front of me and I snap out of my daze to see her name tag.

Karina.

"Ummm, yea." I say and instantly regret it; responding that way. "Sorry, I mean yes. I'd like to purchase a ticket for this coming flight to Los Angeles, California please." I give her a polite smile before her gaze busies within her computers screen.

"Name?" She asks without looking up. I give it to her as her fingers race to enter it in. "Alright, here you go. You'll find your plane out at the back, there should be signs up to help to direct you as well." She hands me a ticket and before I can thank her, I'm already heading to the back, reaching a glowing green sign that reads 'Los Angeles'. I quickly take a seat and lose myself in thought for until I'm called to aboard the plane.

They have already taken my things so I sit back in my seat and close my eyes. Lifting off, butterflies rip through my stomach and I open my eyes to look outside.

Outside, I see nothing but a painted blue sky and clouds of white cotton candy.