5

It was silent between the pair as they walked back to Calum's car, the only noise between them being the crunching of leaves on pavement. As they got to the car and Calum put her bag in the trunk, he watched her as she stared at everything in wonder. Opening the back door for her, he lifted her up and placed her in her seat before buckling her in.

"Is that okay? Not too tight or anything?" He asked.

Anastasia shook her head, still keeping up her walls up. Despite everyone's reassurances, she still didn't believe that he wasn't just going to return her to the orphanage or something else of the sort.

Nodding, Calum got in his own seat and drove off, heading back to his home in the better part of town, a part of town Anastasia had never seen before. Calum chuckled to himself as she stared out of the window with wonder, staring at all the signs and colors of Los Angeles.

"I live with my best friend, Ashton." He spoke up. "He's the nicest, most fun person you'll ever meet, so you don't have to worry, bug. He'll love you, and you'll love him. I promise."

Anastasia remained silent though, not really even knowing how to react. She was already apprehensive enough with just Calum, but another person? She liked Calum, she honestly did, but she wasn't too sure about his friends yet. But she supposed she would have to suck it up anyways, seeing as they lived together.

"Welcome home, Anastasia." Calum spoke sweetly, turning around to face the child.

He chuckled slightly at her face filled with wonder at the sight of her new home, getting out and opening the door for her. He unbuckled her and scooped her up, before placing her gently on the floor. Grabbing her bag from the trunk and her hand, he walked up the steps and unlocked the door, leading her into the house.

"This is it," He spoke again, looking around. "Your new home."

Anastasia had never seen anything so nice in all her life. It was a big, open space that was fully furnished with what looked like brand new, practically untouched, furniture.

"Would you like to see your room?"

Nodding, she followed Calum up the stairs and down the hall, stopping in front of a white door.

"You ready?"

Nodding, she gripped his hand tighter as he opened the door, revealing a light purple and white room. A bed was in the corner and had an abundance of plushies on it, a closet on the opposite side, what looked like a toy chest, and a bedside table.

"T-This is my room?" She asked timidly.

"All yours." Calum confirmed. "Why don't you go on and have a look?"

Nodding, she let go of his hand and walked into the room, looking at everything in disbelief.

"I know it's not much, but after you've settled in, we can go shopping―"

"I've never had this much stuff before." She interrupted, still looking around. "Thank you very much, Mr. Hood."

"Call me Calum, bug." He replied, walking over to her and picking her up so that she could sit on the bed. He and the boys had over-estimated her size quite a bit. "Or Cal, or whatever makes you feel comfortable. You're family now."

Anastasia nodded and was about to speak, but was unintentionally interrupted by her father's one and only roommate.

"Cal!" Someone shouted, running up the stairs. "Is she here? Did you pick her up? Where is she― Oh my god."

Anastasia looked at him with wide eyes. He was just as big as Calum was, but had a full head of curls that were all types of messy. He wore a shirt with no sleeves, and quite frankly mimicked her expression perfectly.

"Ashton, this is Anastasia." Calum said with a smile. "Anastasia, this is one of my best friends, Ashton."

As he came closer, Anastasia found herself subconsciously scooting further into Calum's side. Noticing this, Cal wrapped an arm around her and pulled her into his side, letting her know that he was there for her.

"Hello, Ms. Anastasia," Ashton spoke with a smile, crouching down so that he was level with her. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Hello." She replied shyly.

Smiling widely at her, Ashton rose from his position and clapped a hand on his band mate's back, silently telling him that he was proud of him.

"I'll be in my room if you need anything, yeah?" He spoke, looking between the two. "Welcome to the family, Anastasia."

Anastasia whispered a little thanks as Ashton left the room, leaving the new father and daughter alone.

"You okay, bug?" Calum asked softly, seeing as she was still cuddled into his side.

"Yeah." Was all she replied.

"Okay, well, as soon as we finish a tour, we can get some food in that little belly of yours, and then we can do whatever you want, I don't mind."

"Really?"

"Of course. You're my daughter now, bug. I want to get to know you better. What you like to do and all that."

"I-I think after food I would like to play. Is that okay?"

"It certainly is, bug."