24

Here's a long cute chapter for you guys! And please please please check out my Luke adoption fic if you haven't already, it's called "Godfather" and it's on my profile. Thank you!

Anastasia was astounded.

Looking around the venue, she didn't even know what to think about it. It was easily the biggest place she'd ever been in, and according to Luke, this was going to be filled to capacity with the people that listened to their music. He said a number, but she didn't quite catch it.

Or fathom it, for that matter.

So as she stood in the centre of the venue, gaping like a fish out of water, Calum came up to her. It was an obvious culture shock, especially for a timid little five year old, and he didn't want her getting overwhelmed. So, he stood next to her, hands in his pockets, and looked up at the stage as well.

"It's even crazier being up there, you know." He spoke, thinking back on the first time he ever played to a venue that was sold out.

"It sounds scary." Ana responded, still looking at the stage.

"And it is."

That answer shocked Anastasia. She expected him to be used to it, not agree with her.

"What?" She asked. "You think it's scary?"

"Of course!" He chuckled. "Being up there? All those people staring at you? Yeah, it's scary."

"Why do you do it, then?"

Then, Calum found a huge grin making its way onto his face, and looked down at his daughter, who was now looking up to him. Squatting down to her level, he took her little hands in his, and began to explain.

"Because being on that stage with my best friends in the world is what I live for." He stated simply. "Sure, it's scary at first, but then I remember who I'm with and that I'm doing it because I love music and want to share my own with everyone. Then I have fun!"

Ana smiled back and nodded, and in return, Calum picked her up and set her on his hip, walking up on stage so that she could see it from his point of view when he performed.

"Tonight, bug, this whole arena is going to be filled with people," He smiled, stretching out a hand and spinning in a slow circle so she could see it all. "And your uncles and I are going to be right up here, rockin' out."

"What about me?" Ana asked, brows furrowing. "Where will I be?"

Walking over to the side of the stage, he showed her.

"You'll either be right here with our nice manager and some other friends, or in the green room. It's up to you, Ana."

"I want to watch you." She said automatically, knowing exactly what she wanted.

Calum, having seen this coming from a million miles away, smiled and nodded.

"That's good," He said, tickling her tummy and getting a few giggles in return. "Because I got you your own pair of Mickey Mouse ears!"

Anastasia was perplexed by his statement. What did Mickey Mouse have to do with anything? Seeing her confusion, Calum chuckled and walked over to the side of the stage, grabbing her purple pair of headphones and holding them up so she could see.

"These make it so your little ears don't get hurt from all the noise, bug," He explained. "But these are just for you! I got them custom made for you."