Chapter 8 - The Celebration

I quickly left Miss Larissa's side to find Aaron. I was tired of her scowling at me, and frankly, I was just as mad at her as she was at me.

   A girl isn't supposed to walk around alone but I really didn't care. I just wanted to get rid of Miss Larissa and find Aaron, besides I was in a very public place. Nothing bad was going to happen to me.

   I quickly scanned the crowd looking for Aaron.

   I sighed, not seeing him.

   Deciding Aaron was on patrol and not wanting to be lonely, I made my way towards Owen and Bethany.

   "Ella!" Bethany shouted and pulled me into a hug. I cringed at the old nickname and her volume.

   Bethany and I were good friends when we were younger, she was Annie and I was Ella. We were inseparable for the longest time. I'm not sure what changed, we just quit being friends sometime as we grew up.

   "Hi, Annie. Congratulations on being the Chosen!"

   "Thank you! I thought you had me beat, you are far prettier than me," she said as she released me from her arms, still holding onto my shoulders.

   "Never! You are the Chosen. The most beautiful and desirable," I told her truthfully. Bethany was gorgeous. Her blonde hair was braided back and accented with soft pink flowers. She was by far more gorgeous then I.

   "Thank you. I will miss you, Ella," she whispered.

   "I will miss you too," I whispered as I pulled her in for a hug.

   "Bella!" A familiar voice called out.

   "Aaron!" I exclaimed as I released Bethany and spun around to face him.

   I jumped into his open arms and wrapped my arms around his neck.

   "I thought you were on patrol."

   "I'm supposed to be," he answered with a chuckle.

   I pushed out of his arms and playfully smacked his chest. "Go do your job!"

   The crowd was slowly getting louder.

   "Fine," he said with a pout. "I'll go do my job but it won't be as much fun as being here with you."

   "That's true," I admitted, having to speak loud to be heard over the crowd. I hated to admit it but I really didn't want him to go.

   Aaron opened his arms to pull me into another hug but was pushed away by Owen.

   "Bella, you have to run," he told me. I would've laughed but his voice was dead serious.

   Before I could reply the crowd become even louder. People started screaming and pushing, running away from some danger that I couldn't see.

   "Aaron!" I shouted over all the noise, still standing where I was before but with Owen in front of me instead of Aaron.

   I spotted Aaron and called out to him. "Aaron! What's happening?"

   I saw Aaron's mouth open with a reply but he was to far away to hear over all the chaos of people shoving and shouting.

   I jumped when someone grabbed my wrist. I yanked my hand away and looked to see who grabbed me as I started backing away.

   Owen had his hand held out and his mouth was moving but I couldn't hear him over the noise.

   "What?" I shouted, hoping he could hear me.

   He leaned closer to me, grabbing my wrist to pull me towards him and away from the other people shoving me in the opposite direction.

   "The Beast is here. You need to run. He's after you," he shouted in my ear.