Chapter 16-Super Supper

I stood outside her door for a while, listening to the hushed voices of Bella and Owen.

I knocked in the middle of Bella's mesmerizing whisper. Her whisper died of abruptley and was replaced by Owen's call of "Come in!"

I opened the door a crack to see Bella and Owen sitting together on her bed. Bella glared at me when she finally looked up from her lap.

"Would you like to join me for diner?"

Owen's eyes lit up like the Fourth of July. He nodded enthusiastically. "What are we having? I'm starving!"

I rolled my eyes at the typical Owen behavior. "Whatever you are cooking," I teased.

He sighed heavily. "You know I can't cook!" He wined.

I smiled at him and leaned against the door frame. "To bad."

"What about you, Bella? Would you like something to eat?" I managed to keep my voice nonchalant, but I kept remembering the voice she used when she called me a beast.

She scoffed. "I'd rather starve than eat whatever human you killed for dinner."

"I'm a vegetarian," I replied blandly. Not exactly true, but I do not eat human.

She just continued glaring at me. "I'll starve."

"Fine. Owen, I'm going to make lasagna, you better come help if you want food." I turned to leave but stopped when I heard Bella snort.

"Thought you were 'vegetarian'."

"I am right now. I only eat human and you're far too skinny to be tasty yet," I slammed the door. I heard Bella shouting at me and Owen's shocked laughter as I walked quickly to the kitchen.

I already had a pot of water brought to a boil by the time Owen appeared.

"That wasn't smart," he advised.

"No kidding," I shot back. "Throw me those noodles."

He tossed me the box and leaned against the table top.

"It's going to be even harder to get her to trust you now."

"Start rinsing the cottage cheese," I ordered. I chose to ignore his former statement.

He opened the fridge and poured the cottage cheese into a strainer to run it under the water. "You can't just ignore the problem," He stated calmly after working in silence for a couple seconds.

"It's my problem. Worry about yourself not me."

He passed the rinsed cottage cheese and left the room. I started layering the noodles, sauce and cheese.

"Freaking noodles," I mumbled to myself as another noodle slipped from my fingers and hit the floor. I picked it up and inspected it for dirt. I blew off what I saw and shrugged before placing it in the pan.

"Did you really just use a noodle off the floor?"

I jumped and spun towards the voice. I frowned when I saw Bella standing right inside the door.

"As a clean freak I have to advise against that," She said.

I turned my back on her and finished the lasagna and put it in to cook.

"Why does it matter to you? You won't eat it out of fear of eating human, remember?"

She shook her head. "I'm sorry. I was wrong and I know it."

I nodded I acknowledgement of her admitting she was wrong. I leaned against the counter, hoping that the lasagna would cook faster.

"How did it happen? Your curse, I mean," She finally broke the silence.

I'm sure the shock was written on my face. "How do you know I was cursed?"

"Owen told me. He said that I'd have to ask you if I wanted to know the story."

I sighed, fighting an internal battle. Tell her. Don't tell her. Block her out of my heart so I can't get hurt. Let her into my heart and spend the rest of my life finally happy.

"I met this girl once," I began.   

A/N: He'll talk about it in the next chapter. Should I write a short novella about Bennett when I finish this book? Would anyone be interested? Lemme know in the comments if its something you'd want to know about!

Input and grammar corrections welcome!

 Thanks for reading, drop a vote or comment if you wish!

      Bookity

P.S. I know I didn't update FriYAY. I forgot I had a date so I couldn't finish the chapter, but I worked on it all day to get it finished and published! I'll work today and tomorrow to get one up Monday/Tuesday ish if I can.