Chapter Two

Waking up to find himself in his own room was a bit confusing. Hadn't he fallen asleep in the med-bay?

He shrugged it off, someone must've moved him.

Getting up and stretching a bit, Wally's stomach growled. Okay, he definitely needed food before he passed out; he got more than enough sleep already.

The metahuman sped over to the kitchen area and began rummaging through the fridge for something to eat.

"Someone finally woke up from the dead, I see." Someone joked from behind, causing him to hit his head in surprise.

"Quit doing that!" He exclaimed, clutching his heart area dramatically.

Robin, who was eating cereal at the counter, rolled his eyes but he was grinning. He raised his eyebrow when KF started squinting at him.

"Uh.. Whatcha doing there?"

The speedster rubbed his eyes before looking at the boy again.

"So, what up with the strings?"

The Boy Wonder's eyebrow seemed to have gone up a bit more.

"Strings?"

It was Wally's turn to roll his eyes. "You know? The red thread?"

Robin was looking at KF like he had two heads.

Kid sighed loudly and pointed to his pinky, before realizing the string was still tied to him.

As Wally was distracted with the red piece of thread, Robin looked at his own pinkies.

"Dude, there's no strings."

"Yeah, there is! Look at it!"

"Did you wake up in the middle of the night? I swear, if you fell asleep reading those weird soulmate au's.."

"I didn't!" KF cried out, exasperated.

M'Gann walked in.

"Umm.. Is everything ok? I thought I heard yelling."

"KF over there thinks he could see those mythical 'Red Strings of Fate.'" Rob explained.

"Red Strings of Fate?" Wally and M'Gann echoed, confused.

"They're invisible red strings that are tied around one's pinky. They connect you to your soulmate." Robin explained further.

"If they're invisible, how do you know it's red?" Wally asked at the same time M'Gann spoke, "That sounds amazing!"

Rob sighed, "Sometimes I wonder if we're in some story; I mean," He gestured at his left wrist, "We have markings on our wrists that are supposed to help us find who we're destined for!"

"Wow, Rob's gone all philosophical on us."

A piece of cereal was thrown at his head.

Robin got up. He put his bowl and cup in the sink.

Wally made a face. "You eat your cereal weirdly."

Robin liked to have the cereal and the milk separately; one in a bowl, the other in the cup.

All he got in reply was a shrug.

"If you guys wanna learn more about these 'Strings of Fate,' then google it." Rob said, going back to the previous subject.

With that said, he left.

M'Gann turned to Wally. "He said you could see these strings?"

"Err.. I mean, what he said seemed to make sense, but I don't know.." He sighed, "How come I'm the only one who could see them?!"

The martian pondered over it before she came up with an idea.

"What if I used my powers to see what you see?"

"Like, going into my mind and such?"

M'Gann hummed a confirmation.

"Ehhh.. Why not?" He shrugged.

~BIRDFLASH~

While using her powers, she saw the world through Wally's eyes.

She told him to try yanking on the strings but he said he already tried; they wouldn't budge.

She then suggested he try to cut it off, as an experiment.

"NO WAY!" He exclaimed, "Rob said that the strings connect to one's soulmate! If I try to cut it off, and it works, wouldn't that severe our tie or whatever?!"

They stayed in silence for awhile.

"Maybe you should try to confirm what they are? We only have a guess."

That's what he planned to do.

~BIRDFLASH~

After he came home, he realized both Aunt Iris and Uncle Barry were there.

Great, he grinned. It was time to test it.

Before anyone could give out a greeting, he sped over to his aunt and followed her thread, he soon found himself facing his uncle.

The two adults shared a confused look when Wally only grinned wider.

"THANKYOUGUYSSOMUCH!" He rushed out before speeding to his room, faintly hearing the two mutter their 'you're welcomes' questionably.

~BIRDFLASH~

This was perfect! Wally was ecstatic!

This sight could help him find his soulmate! He glanced at the marking on his arm.

It was of the top of a building, however, it wasn't detailed enough for him to recognize which building.

As much as he's like to follow his string right now, he couldn't. His aunt and uncle would never let him leave the house at this time; he'd have to sneak out.

~BIRDFLASH~

When his two guardians fell asleep, he quickly made his way out the door. He was careful to make sure it was shut quietly.

Pulling his goggles over his eyes, he looked at his pinky and followed it with his eyes. He had a long way to go.

With determination, the speedster used his powers as he followed the piece of thread.

~BIRDFLASH~

Okay, so not my best work so far, but the story's only just beginning! ^_~

Thanks for reading!!