Chapter Five

Falling, Wally awoke to a collision with the floor.

He found himself in his room at Mount Justice.

Was that all just a dream? Did he dream inside his dream??

As confused as ever, he picked himself up and decided that food would help.

Walking over to scour through the fridge, he heard Artemis walk in.

"Finally! You woke up!"

"Can't sleep forever," Wally stuck out his tongue. He's been getting a lot of sleep lately..

When he didn't get any remark, he looked over his shoulder.

Artemis had a more serious expression.

"Did it work?"

"Did what work?" The speedster questioned, furrowing his eyebrows as he tilted his head a bit.

"Zatara's spell?"

Wally thought back to his dream.

"I thought that.. that was a crazy dream!" Wally sputtered out.

The archer shook her head as the rest of the team piled into the kitchen, having heard his loud shout.

"Are you back, Wally?" M'Gann asked, voice full of hope.

"Er.. I dunno!" For all he knew, this could still be a different universe. "Quick! Ask me a question!"

"Who're you dating?"

The red head started sputtering incoherent words as his face flushed red. He waved his arms about as he shook his head.

"W-what?!"

"Are you dating our resident Boy Wonder?" Artemis rephrased.

Oh, yeahhh. The other world's Wally was dating Robin.. Which team is this?

"No, I'm not dating anyone." He was now a bit cautious.

"It's our Wally!" The team seemed to brighten up.

Relief flooded through him. Thank, god! Nothing against the other universe's team, but he preferred his.

Kaldur gave a small smile as he spoke, "I'm glad you are back, my friend."

Conner kind of.. grunted? In agreement.

Artemis gave a short nod, though she was smirking.

M'Gann offered to make some cookies, in which everyone politely turned her down, save for the speedster.

Wally, himself, was grinning.

He realized Robin had yet to make a comment, so he made his way over while everyone started to get back to their own thing, glad that everything was alright now. Artemis stayed while Robin quietly grabbed stuff for his breakfast.

"What's wrong?" Wally asked, grin turning into a worried expression.

Robin's face seemed to turn red, which Wally realized had been a lighter shade of pink earlier.

Before the younger could even reply, Artemis answered for him.

"While you were who-knows-god-where, an alternate version of you was here."

Raising a brow, Wally commented, "Yeah, I know. I was in his universe while he was in mine. Didn't answer my question, though."

Artemis snorted before continuing, "He may or may not have kissed Robin and flirted shamelessly."