Damsel in Distress

Ash was walking along the streets of Snowbelle city, he noticed someone being pulled into an alley. They were forcefully resisting and squirming to try and get free.

Ash rushed forward, seeing two familiar men in identical uniforms were crowded around a girl.

"You saw this man, didn't you!" Laz shouted, a quick slap on the back of his head shut him up.

"Don't shout you'll attract attention." Hunter scolded him.

Muffled screams came from her, a piece of duck-tape was placed over her mouth and her arms were handcuffed.

"Those bastards again." Ash cursed under his breath as he watched from around the corner.

'Got to draw them out somehow.' He thought as an plan formulated in his head.

"You two want me that bad?" Ash came out from around the corner - they spun around and looked at him, Ash dropped his hood and smiled. 

"Come and get me!" Ash shouted as he turned back around the corner and waited.

"Get 'im, go go go!" Laz shouted as the Team Flare duo took chase.

Two sudden punches came from around the corner, followed by bodies hitting the floor. Quinn listened in, scared for the teenager.

To her surprise he returned back around the corner, dragging Hunter and Laz back into the alley.

"Hey, are you okay?" Ash said as he dashed to Quinn, he softly removed the duck-tape. She inhaled and exhaled sharply, in shock of what just unfolded.

Ash searched the downed duo's pockets. Finding the key in Hunter's pocket he returned to Quinn, who had almost recuperated herself.

"It's Quinn, isn't it." Ash spoke as he released the handcuffs.

She turned to him, suddenly realising who it was - she gasped. "You-- from the café before- Thank you..." She stopped herself.

"... Ash" He finished, revealing his name. 

She didn't seem to put two and two together, the fact that he was The Lost Champion. Quinn flung herself around him, crying into his chest.

"Thank you, thank you... I thought they were going to kill me." She wailed as she shook uncontrollably.

Ash was silent as he softly wrapped his right arm around her for reassurance.

Lifting herself from the warmth of Ash's body, she looked at him - studying his new appearance. 

"How did you get your haircut and clothes? I thought you had no money..." She said suspiciously as she tapped her chin. Ash rubbed the back of his head, he blushed a slight red.

"Well, um... Basically, a man called James felt pity on me and he gave me this 'makeover' you can see." Ash truthfully explained.

"Sureeeee." Quinn said sarcastically.

Ash with all of his denseness didn't sense the sarcasm and replied, "I'm being deadly serious."

"I know, you dimwit. I was being sarcastic." She laughed, Ash once again rubbed the back of his head then also joined in laughing.

Unbeknown to Ash and Quinn someone, or something rather, had watched the entire scene. Taking a step back the figure suddenly fell from the tree revealing itself as Zorua. 

Quinn dived behind Ash, giving a small scream of fear. 

Ash drew his attention to the Zorua, realising that it was the neglected Zorua from the pack he rushed over - scooping him up in his arms.