Trust Is Fragile

Quick A/N: Got a lot of writing done so here's the next chapter, also I'm thinking of putting the chapter number with the title so you know how far through the book you are. Enjoy the chapter!

An ear-piercing scream echoed throughout Quinn's house, even causing birds to fly out nearby trees due to the seemingly supersonic sound.

"AAAHHHHHHH!" Quinn screamed wrapping her arms around her chest as she curled up. Causing the bowl and glass hit the floor, shattering and sending her breakfast in every direction.

Her cereal splatted on her feet and the cold milk landed on her feet and legs.

'Ew, gross.' She grimaced at the feeling of milk and soggy cereal under her feet.

"Are you okay?" Ash revealed himself from the doorway, rushing into help her.

"GET OUT!" She created another seemingly supersonic scream, her face was redder than an radish

Ash backed up and shut the door behind him. He stopped in the hallway, he walked to the lounge and picked up his blanket.

As he picked it up, he noticed a letter on the table; addressed to him.

Wandering back to the kitchen with the note, Pokéball and blanket in his hands he tapped his foot against the door.

"Don't come in." She said sternly, her voice came from deep within the kitchen.

"I brought you the blanket that you gave me last night." Ash clarified.

In the kitchen; Quinn briefly cleaned up the mess - she was walking to the rubbish bin when she stood on a piece of glass.

"OW!" She screamed, inspecting her foot - there was a small shard of glass in her foot, a slight drizzle of blood came out.

"Quinn, are you okay?" Ash called from behind the door.

"No, I just stood on some broken glass." She replied.

Glaceon was comforting his trainer, he then began to produce a cool mist around Quinn's foot. Another knock came on the door.

"Can you walk?" Ash asked, this caused Quinn to try to stand - she put pressure on her right foot as she held on the counter-top for support.

A sudden stabbing sensation caused her to collapse, she sighed heavily.

"No, it hurts too much." She said in defeat.

"You can come in, but be careful." Quinn added with a warning.

The door opened slowly, "I won't look. I promise." Ash said as he entered with head turned to the opposite direction.

'He's so carefree, he doesn't care if he gets hurt as long as someone is okay.' Quinn thought to herself, she quickly noticed he was about to stand on some glass shards.

"Stop! Glass!" Quinn exclaimed quickly.

Ash held his foot in the air, balancing on his left leg.

"Okay, you can look - just this once, but don't stare." Quinn said as she nursed her foot.

Ash turned his head slowly, seeing Quinn in the corner of his eye stopped rotating his head and began to walk - dexterously avoiding the glass.

He approached her, noticing she had a prominent red blush on her face he panicked, "Quinn, you're red- do you have a fever?" He asked in concern.

Quinn shook her head, "Pass me the blanket."

Ash passed her the blanket and turned away while she covered herself up.