The Leap Of Faith

"Shalour City it is then, good- there couldn't be a more fitting place for new my plans!" A voice cackled - his mad laughter interrupted by a soft voice.

"It's time to test Prototype X, Sir." A woman's voice squeaked, "Good - Amanda have Xerosic meet me in the lab too." He commanded with a normal, non-maniacal voice.

"As you wish, Sir!" She saluted her boss, as she quit the dark-ish room and scurried quickly down the corridor.

Around the room there were various plans scattered - like a busy press office in a mad rush; however two distinct plans hung on the wall with orange cords connecting ideas and plans. With the Kalos League directly in the centre of one and a strange looking machine in the other. A photo of Ash between the two plans, linking him to both of the distinct pictures.

"As expected- everything is moving smoothly. Kalos will be mine this year." The tall, bulky man said as he glanced at a small sheet of rentangular paper on his desk. 

"It will be mine!" Lysandre said in a gnarly voice, clenching his fist.

-{===}--{===}--{===}-

In Geosenge Town, the streets were filled with markets owned by people who were flogging various items ranging from Key Stones to freshly cooked food. 

The trio waded through the market, keeping a close eye out for any shops retailing books or information about Mega Evolution.

"What time is that ferry at the port?" Ash raised his voice over the market's background noise.

"In an hour and a half, but we'll need the half to actually walk there." Clemont spoke just as loud as Ash.

Quinn darted between the two, "Hurry up, it's so loud here- let's find that store and get to the ferry." The red-head bolted ahead of the male duo, exchanging glances Ash and Clemont shrugged and followed suit after Quinn.

Forty minutes had passed, running low on time Ash circled the town once more - breaking into a sprint he glanced down each and every side street searching for a specific store Bibliotheca Inusitus.

"Zor!" The Dark Type pointed to a man pushing a cart of books down a side street, Ash turned and approached the middle-aged man.

"Hello sir, do you know where Bibliotheca Intsu-" Ash mispronounced the name of the library, the man chuckled his misfortune.

His chuckled subsided, "Bibliotheca Inusitus." He said in a refined accent that Ash did not know of, turning to the raven-haired boy he glanced him up and down.

"You don't look like a bookworm, dressed in that getup-" Ash interrupted the strange man's tangent.

"I'm not; I just need to find some information that's all." He explained as he lowered his hood, observing that there were few people around he felt safe to do so.

The man stopped outside an antique building, "We're here, make yourself at home." He said as he pushed the cart through the door.

Ash almost leaped through the door, rushing to the section on Mega Evolution he flicked through the books:

Mega Evolution for Beginners