Chapter 3

//EDITED//

I have never feared for my life as I have in these last few hours. However, death is not a new concept to me. Fearing death makes you a coward— it means you're not brave enough to face what lies beyond your life on earth. Although you cannot blame a person for being scared as shit when they're about to be murdered.

Gathering my courage, I slowly stand up and turn around to face my death.

I blink my eyes.

Then I blink twice.

Feeling confused I look around the apartment.

No one is there.

Uggg!!! Now I am going insane!!!

Making sure no-one is in the apartment, I go to my bathroom. I press my hands on the counter and look at the floor.

Just breathe Thea. In through your nose and out through your mouth.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

Feeling, relieved I face the mirror. My body is soaking wet, and my eye makeup drips down my face making me look like a character from a horror movie. I have a few scratches around my arm from lying in a very uncomfortable position on the cement floor.

After inspecting myself, I take a warm shower and change into clean clothes. As I walk out of my room, I hear faint noises in the kitchen. My heartbeat increases. This time I know I'm not hallucinating because I didn't leave the kitchen light on. Just to make sure I'm not going insane, I walk over to the door quietly. The next thing I see makes me turn pale.

The chair I put next to the door has been moved out of the way.

Oh shit!

I can either make a run for it now, or go into the kitchen. If I run I can go to the police, but I will still be in danger until they find the killers; but if I go into the kitchen, I could take them by surprise and then call the police. However, I could die trying to take them down... Well, at least I'd die feeling somewhat badass.

Making my choice, I grab the nearest blunt object, which happens to be an umbrella.

Yup totally badass.

I creep to the kitchen slowly and raise the umbrella up to my face. Letting out a deep breath, I close my eyes and yell a battle cry. I charge into the kitchen with my umbrella and scream like a maniac but my legs stop when I hear another scream. Opening my eyes I see my idiot brother standing there with his arms crossed in front of his face screaming.

I wonder how long it will take him to realise it's me.

Where is my camera when I need it?

Finally, after about two minutes—Yup, my "older" brother has been screaming for two minutes –he stops and looks at me, confused.

"You scream like a girl," I said with no emotion.

"Do not!" Jake yells back.

"So mature bro."

"Hey, you're the one who charged into the kitchen with an umbrella, screaming bloody murder."

"At least I was being badass. You, on the other hand, didn't do anything but scream your head off even after I was done screaming."

"Why were you screaming anyway?"

"I thought you were a murderer who was going to kill me," I said truthfully. He's not gonna find about the incident.

"Okay, there are so many things that are messed up about that."

I look up at him with an "I don't care" expression, yet he continues, so I grab a jar of Nutella and start eating it with a spoon. Might as well make myself comfortable.

"First off, the only person who has a key other than you, is me," Jake says.

"Hopefully," I mutter under my breath.

He just glares at me and continues on. "Second, if there was a murder in the house, who in their fucking right mind would try attacking them with a damn umbrella?!"

I shrug. "You have your ways, I have mine."

"I really worry about you sometimes princess."

"Love you too bro"

With that, I walk into my room to stare at my eyelids.

"Goodnight Charming!" I yell.

"Goodnight Princess!"