Chapter 20

Raph above^^^

//EDITED// 

Grandpa and I walk back to the cabin house after a while. Sadly I haven't managed to get any more information that would make all this clearer.

"I am going to go get some candy from the store before kids come running up here demanding it," Grandpa said once we reached the cabin.

"You get kids here?" I ask, surprised.

We're pretty much in the middle of nowhere. The cabin is surrounded by trees and nature. Living here would be great for people who wanted to keep to themselves, so I'm not surprised Grandpa moved here after he faked his death.

"Let's just say kids are crazy for free candy."

I laugh quietly at his response.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, it's fine. Stay here and rest."

I nod my head, but I'm still bothered that he is going alone. I walk up the stairs leading to the house and open the front door.

"We need to keep her somewhere safe," I hear Caleb say.

"She will interfere with our plans and complicate everything," Raph states.

"Which is exactly why we need to keep her somewhere safe," Caleb says, raising his voice.

"Why are you acting all soft around her Caleb?" Raph snaps back.

"Because Ben is right, we can't let another innocent soul get hurt because of this!"

How do they know my Grandpa?Is he a part of this mess too?

"She got herself into this mess. No one brought her into this, and she is far from innocent," Raph snaps back.

"You guys are fighting like an old married couple," Leo says, rubbing his head.

"We cannot bring her with us. She stays here, and that's final," Raph replies.

"Why the hell did we save her if we were just going to leave her for dead afterwards?" Caleb roars.

"She will be with Ben—"

"No! She needs to stay with us so we can keep an eye on her!"

"That will just complicate things even more!"

"Leo, what do you think?" Caleb asks.

"Well, you're both right. If we leave her here the chances of her surviving are pretty low—and the risk is the same if we bring her with us. Plus, I don't think Asher will be too fond of the little girl tagging along."

I'm angry now.

Who do they think they are to determine where the hell I stay?

"Look, Caleb, I know why you're feeling overprotective, but she is not a part of all this. She is just a New York girl who also happens to be a journalist, and she accidentally got tied up with Walker. Bringing her with us will only complicate things for us, and we need to find the plans before Walker does," Leo said.

Again with 'the plans'. What the fuck are these 'plans' everyone keeps talking about?

"I don't know for sure, Leo, but I have this feeling she's more than just a girl. What if she's the missing key?"

Raph scoffs. "Her last name is Woods, Caleb. No one from the group was named Woods."

"That we know of," Caleb shoots back.