Chapter 25

The Louvre in Paris, France. ^^^^

One of my favorite types of jobs is being a travel photographer. I love to travel and take pictures so why not do both. Sadly I didn't get the job. I mopped around for months until Jake brought me up my feet and made me apply for the job I had a few weeks ago. 

Now however instead of feeling joy I felt nervous as I stood before the Mona Lisa. 

"This is stupid," I mutter. 

"Thank you for clarifying that again for the hundredth time Thea," Raph said through the ear piece. 

"Cahill you have one job so just try not to mess it up," Asher said. 

"Why can't you do it," I snapped. 

"Because if someone sees any of us there then we will be causing a scene," Caleb explained. 

The problems of being rich and famous. 

"Like seeing me isn't going to set off any alarm. Do I need to remind you I am a wanted murder."

"Yes but only in America. They haven't sent any information to other countries yet," Asher says.

"Yet," I stress out. 

"Cahill all you have to do is just stand there!" Asher yells. 

I hate him. 

I really don't even know how I got into this mess. While we were in a cabin we found the next clue but it wasn't really clues. They were a bunch of maps of The Louvre building and for somehow she had managed to slip in the clue into one of the paintings. 

Next thing I know I was in Asher's private airplane flying to Paris. 

This was seriously not how I imagined visiting Paris would be like. 

"Are you done yet?" I whine. 

"Almost," Raph said. 

In my ear was an earpiece that would help me communicate with the boys and a spy camera was on the front of my jacket so Raph could see the paintings. He would scan them somehow to see if the clue was in one of the paintings. 

Never knew he was a computer geek. 

"Well hurry the fuck up."

I may have said that too loudly because the woman standing next to me looked at me funny and glared at me. 

"Adolescents ces jours ne respectent pas," she muttered (Teenagers these days have no respect)

"Je ne suis pas madame adolescent ," I said back. (I am not a teenager ma'am)

"Répondre! Aucun respect du tout! Vous êtes un enfant de satan," she yells ( Talking back! No respect at all! You are a child of satan). 

Well isn't she a lovely lady. Getting tired I walk away from the Mona Lisa and cranky old women. 

"What's next," I ask. 

"You know French?" Raph asked. 

"Don't judge me Raph I too have many talents. Now are we done here," I asked again. 

"Yes,  you can come back."

Thank God! 

***********************************************************************

We were all sitting down at the table in the hotel room discussing our next move. The time change was getting to me and I was falling asleep. 

"Chaill stay awake," Asher snapped. 

"How the hell aren't you guys tired?" I mutter while rubbing my eyes. 

"We travel a lot so the time change doesn't really affect us," Caleb explained. 

"As I was saying the next clue is inside the Mona Lisa," Raph continued. 

How the hell did my mother get it in there?!

"So tomorrow we ask to see the picture up close," I suggest. 

Asher looks at me like I am some kind of creature that he pities. 

"I am going to act like that lack of sleep is making you say stupid things," he said. 

"How is that stupid? Stupid is me suggesting to  break in and steal a priceless hundred-year-old painting that has the same amount of security as the president." 

The all stared at me. 

"Cahill do you think that the museum directors are going to let us look at a priceless hundred-year-old painting when we tell them we are looking for a clue that will lead us to a tech that will either destroy or help the world," Asher asks slowly.  

"It doesn't hurt to ask?" I reply dumbly. "Besides aren't you a billionaire can't you persuade your way in?"

"My work and this are two different things, Cahill."

"I don't understand? Weren't you the one who broke into an international newspaper company while literally, every cop in the state were there?" Leo asked. 

I glared at him. 

"First off I had a good reason."

Asher scoffed. 

"Second that was a one-time thing plus I don't want to be a criminal in two countries." 

"Again Cahill," Asher stood up and faced me. "You don't have a choice." 

He left and soon after the other's did to going into their own rooms. I was left furious. Without thinking, I stormed into Asher's room and kicked it open. 

"Who the hell do you fucking think you are?!" 

Asher turns around and raises an eyebrow. 

"I am sorry that you had to wait two damn years to get a lead but that does not mean you get to treat me like trash! Also since you're a fucking billionaire that doesn't mean you can see me as an animal you can abuse! I am human your human we are all bloody humans! If your hold against me is sending me to jail then I fucking dare you to do it! But you won't do it cause you need me to complete this hunt!"

"Cahill I advise you to leave my room," he said emotionlessly. 

"No, I won't leave until you treat me correctly." 

Instead of being sorry you looked mad. He stalked over to me and before I could comprehend he raised his hand and slapped me. He stepped closer to me and pinned me against the wall.

"You do not deserve my respect cause you haven't earned it. Right now you will do as I say or things will ugly for you. You will respect me and follow my orders. Understood?" He whispered coldly. 

I couldn't move. My check was throbbing with pain as I stared into his deep black eyes. For some reason, he scared me more than Walker ever did. 

"Do you or do you not understand?" Asher said raising his voice. 

But I wouldn't let him scare me, it wasn't who I am now. 

"No I don't," I said sternly as I stare back at his dark eyes. 

He looks shocked at my response but quickly regains himself. He slaps me one more time and I fall onto the floor from the impact. 

I slowly get up but I still looked sternly back at his eyes. 

"You can hit me all you want but I won't let you treat me like I am nothing," I seethed back. 

He raised his hand to hit me again and I closed my eyes but the hit never came. When I opened my eyes Raph was standing in front of me with holding his hand. 

"Thea leave," he commanded. 

I nod my head and leave his room. Once I reach the room tears start to form in my eyes. 

I didn't want to feel like this again. 

I thought I changed. I thought I became stronger but I am not. I am as weak as I was before. 

You can fix broken bones but you could never fix a broken mind.