#7 "I have something to tell you."

It was over.

We reported Brian to the authorities, and he got charged with domestic abuse. He was locked up. It's been a month since it happened, and Angelica has been happier than ever. Truly happy. I dial her number on my phone, waiting for her to pick up.

"Hey!"

I smile wide, her voice.

"How's it been?"

I hear a loud crash, and a shit.

"Is everything alright?"

I hear Angie cussing under her breath, clumsy.

"Ah, something fell on accident. No biggie, haha."

She laughed, wincing.

"Well, be careful. I was wondering if you wanted to go to the beach with me?"

I could tell she was smiling at her phone.

"I'd love too."

"Great! I'll pick you up in five?"

She ends the call, as I run upstairs to put on swim trunks. After grabbing my phone and a few towels, I drive to Angie's place to pick her up. I walk up her doorstep, as I was about to knock the door swings open. Angie was in a aquamarine bikini that had gold accents on the top and bottom. I widened my eyes, she scurried off to pack her stuff.

I walked in.

"Put some clothes on woman!"

I laugh, she throws a sunscreen bottle at me, I dodge it. She throws on a simple white top, and some shorts, with her flip flops. I look down at my area, fuck she got me excited. I cover it with the towels I was holding.

"Let's go!"

She smiled, running to my passenger seat. I chuckle, I loved her energy. I'm gonna miss that. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm gonna miss her. I drove down to the beach, it wasn't that crowded surprisingly. We stayed away from the people, I wanted to spend the last day with her alone.

The sun set, as Angie played in the water, she was so beautiful. Her skin glistened in the moonlight, I had a few lights shining from where I sat. She jogged to me, putting on a cover up.

"What's up? You seem sad."

She asked concerned, I sighed, grabbing our stuff. I stood up, holding out my hand.

"Come walk with me."

She eyed me suspiciously, but took my hand. We walked on the empty boardwalk, the cool ocean breeze hitting our faces. It was calm, Angie had a worried look on her face. I find a bench and stop in our tracks, I turn to Angie.

"I have something to tell you."

Her face grew alert.

"Shoot."

I sigh, running my fingers through my hair.

"I'm moving back to Pickering."

Her eyes widened, she let go of my hands, her eyes teary.

"What? Why? You said you'd never leave me, that we'd graduate together, that we'd enter college and talk about shitty jobs. In shitty cafes."

She desperately said, laughing sadly. I smiled, my eyes threatening to spill tears. She grabbed onto my hands, I couldn't look at her in the eyes. Her face grew sad, it's rare to see her like this.

"I know that, but my family needs me. They need my help with financial issues, as well as having me back home. I'm sorry, Angelica."

That was part of the reason why I was leaving, but I loved her too much to keep this friendship going. Being back home was the best option to move on from her, and spend time with family. It's been years since I've seen my family. Angelica nodded, wiping a few tears away, she gently placed her hands on my cheeks.

I touched her hands softly, pulling them away. I stand up from kneeling, Angelica stood up as well.

"I have one more thing to tell you."

She waits for me to answer, this time I look her in the eyes.

"Since the day I've met you, I've fallen for you, Gomez. I've loved you every second of everyday, even before you were with Brian. And I didn't say anything because I know I'm always going to just be your best friend. Your good ol' pal, Shawn. I'm okay with that, seriously, I am. Because all I've ever wanted for you, Angelica, was to be happy. Even if I had that deep pain in my heart, knowing you'd never feel the same."

Her mouth slightly was open, she was shocked. I walk over to her, caressing her cheek.

"God, I'm gonna miss you."

She sniffles, trying to smile. She grips onto my body, holding me tight. I hug her, kissing the top of her head. I pull away, looking down at her again.

"Please, just do me one favor,"

She let a few tears fall.

"Anything."

I breathed in deeply.

                                    "Say you love me."