Epilogue

As I stared out the plane's window, seeing the ground so small. I think of Angelica's face, her image, passing through the clouds. I feel my chest sink into a bottomless pit of heartbreak.

_______________________________

I gaze out my window, seeing a plane in the sky, must be Shawn. Today he was leaving, the day after confessing that he was madly in love with me. My heart felt like it was being ripped apart piece by piece. How could I have been so blind to not see what was right in front of me? How could I be so ignorant to not take in consideration the love he has, all for me?

      The hidden feeling sprouted out yesterday night, and my heart hasn't been the same since he stormed off. I love you, Mendes...

I love you.

_______________________________

My heart was beating out of my chest, why? I looked at him, he was heartbroken.

"I love you, Shawn."

He gently smiled, tucking a hair strand behind my ear. He opened his wallet unexpectedly, throwing a few twenties on the bench. He begins running off to his car, I grab the money, running after him.

"Shawn! Wait!"

I shout, before I could reach the car, he was driving away. I sighed, catching my breath, I call for an uber.

_______________________________

"I love you, Shawn."

I hear her say, I felt as if the world was closing in on me. I tried to crack a smile, tucking a hair strand behind her ear. I throw some money for her to get home, I dash out of the boardwalk. I stick in my keys as she shouted for me, I drove away quickly. Tears were falling down my face, I hit the radio on, trying to focus on the road ahead.

As my eyesight, blurry from my tears.

Goodbye, Angelica Gomez.