Chapter One

A/N: This is my first Yandere story and fanfic so hear me out guys if I mess up or something. But tell me if I do!

It was a peaceful, quiet Tuesday afternoon in your classroom. You sat at your desk, eating your lunch of chips and juice. You scrolled through your feed, nothing interesting that caught your eye. All your friends were busy with club activities or other things. Being the shy and slightly antisocial type, you didn't feel like joining a club yourself.

You picked up your juice and took an empty sip. Realizing you have ran out, you grabbed your chips and threw the juice box away. You walked out of the classroom and outside to where the vending machines were located.

As you turned the corner, you heard an familiar voice.

"Kageyama! Come on! Toss to me!" An energetic voice shouted.

"I'm busy, you dumbass!" An angry voice retorted back.

It was Hinata Shoyo and Kageyama Tobio, your two closest friends. You and Hinata were friends even since you were little kids and you met Kageyama at Hinata's first volleyball match against Kageyama's team.

You quietly walked toward them and once you was close enough, you shouted "Boo!".

Hinata jumped in fright, dropping the volleyball in his hands while Kageyama glanced in your direction.

"___- chan, Don't scare me like that!" Hinata said quickly, blushing profusely, trying to regain his dignity.

"You're so easy to scare, Hinata-kun. Unlike Kageyama." You say, glaring playfully at Kageyama.

Kageyama struck his straw into his milk carton and took a long sip. He nodded his head toward you and smirked.

"Hey, ____ , we were just talking about you. It turns out Hinata has a c-" Kageyama stopped mid-sentence when Hinata quickly slapped his hand over his mouth.

"Kageyama! Sh!" Hinata shushed. "It's a secret!"

"What is the secret?" You said, curiosity filling the mind.

Kageyama shoved Hinata's hand away and pushed him away. "Oh. Nothing, just Hinata said he had a crush on-..!!!"

SMACK!! was the sound of the volleyball's surface slamming itself against Kageyama's skin.

You glanced at Hinata, but he was already gone, leaving an very pissed and angry Kageyama behind. Kageyama's bangs casted a shadow over his eyes but you knew he was angry.

You let Kageyama run off and walked over to the juice machine. While deciding, your mind kept wondering to what Kageyama was trying to say.

Who does Hinata have a crush on? I bet it's Yachi, she's super cute! I wish he would tell me though, we're best friends!

Suddenly, a chill went up your spine. You got the feeling that...someone was watching you. You looked around but saw no one. But the feeling didn't go away. The air felt cold and unwelcoming. As if you shouldn't be there. You shivered and quickly brought a juice and walked back to your classroom. But the feeling continued. You made many twists and turns before reaching your classroom. By then, the bell has rung and class had started.

********

It was late at night and you laid in bed, reading some fanfics on Wattpad. Suddenly, your phone vibrated. It was a text from Hinata-kun. You smiled happily as you read.

SmolOrangeSun: Hey, ____! R U busy on Friday? :D

[InsertNickname]: Yea. Why?

SmolOrangeSun: Well...I wanted to know if you wanted to meet me in the school roof after school.

[???]: Don't you have practice?

SmolOrangeSun: Don't worry about it! You're just as important to me as volleyball!

[???]: OK...but why the roof? You could tell me now.

SmolOrangeSun: I want it to be a surprise! ;)

[???]: XD Okay. See you Friday!

SmolOrangeSun: Night, ___!

[???]: Night!

You laid your phone on the pillow next to you and sighed. After some deep thinking in class, you concluded that Hinata had a crush on you. Sure, Hinata is adorable and a great friend, but you're not sure if dating would be the right choice. Your thoughts were interrupted with a text message. You checked your phone and it was from a unknown number. Suddenly, the creepy vibe you got from lunch slowly came back.

Unknown#: Three more days, ____.

[???]: ...Who is this?

Unknown#: Of course you wouldn't know. You wouldn't recognize the person who truly loves you. Why do you do this to me, ____? Don't you see? We're meant for each other. And you betray me. So I'll have to teach you a lesson.

[???]: Who the hell is this?! What are you talking about?!

[???]: Hello?!

You threw the phone down and stared at the messages.

What the heck wad that person? And what do they mean? "Meant for each other?" "Teach you a lesson?" What does it mean?! Okay, okay, calm down _____. I-It was probably a prank text. Yeah, that's it. Just a prank text. That's it. Let's try to get some sleep.

You climbed into bed and tried to sleep off the fear. But the message haunted you through nightmares and spooks. You tossed and turned, but eventually managed to rest before morning.