Chapter Two

Three days passed by in a blur. Even though you were still paranoid about the message, you continue to live your normal routine of school, friends, and personal life.

You sat outside near the gym, eating your daily chips and juice. You could hear quiet voices inside but couldn't make out who they were. You swore you heard Hinata's name a few times, but wasn't sure. Today is Friday; the day Hinata will cofess to me on the roof, you thought. You finally decided the night before to politely reject his confession and just be friends. It would pain to watch Hinata's heart break, but After all, you're not ready to be in an relationship just yet.

Suddenly, the gym door slides open and two boys walked out. One had freckles and wide eyes and shaggy brown hair and the other was freakishly tall, with short blond hair, and glasses that covered his gold colored pupils. The freckled one glanced in your way and quickly grabbed the tall boy's attention. The tall boy looked at you and mumbled something to the freckled boy, that turned the poor boy's face so pale, his freckles were clearly visible. The boy shook his head repeatedly but the tall one turned away from you, and whatever he did, it scared the other boy enough to drive him to tears. They both looked toward you and quickly ran off. You wanted to go check on the freckled boy, but just then the bell rang. You walked back to class, worried about the freckled boy.

***********

Soon, class finally ended and you were busy talking to Kageyama.
You looked around the room for Hinata, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, Kageyama, where did Hinata go?" You asked.

"Oh, Yamaguchi came by and took Hinata somewhere. He said Daichi needed him for something."

"Who's Yamaguchi?"

"He's on the volleyball team. He's kinda tall, had brown hair, and a ton of freckles. He's really quiet."

Your eyes widen in shock as you realized the boy from earlier was Yamaguchi. You tried to put the pieces together when your phone got a text from Hinata-kun. You thought it was weird and hesitated. But your phone wouldn't stop. He was sending message after message until your phone finally stopped. An eerie feeling slithered up your back as you checked the messages.

SmolOrangeSun: Hey, _____ U go ahead to the roof. I'm with Yamaguchi. B there in a sec.

SmolOrangeSun: I can't wait to tell you the important news! \(^°^)/

SmolOrangeSun: I guess Daichi wanted to meet me on the roof too....?

SmolOrangeSun: hey, Tsukishima is here too

SmolOrangeMan: oMG _____!1!1!! StAy AWaY FROm THEesbdhkitszbbmnxzhkklllnbvnn

That was the last message you received from Hinata.

You rushed up the stairs that reached the roof. When you reached the top, you opened the doors and your e/c eyes widen. There was nothing on the roof. Absolutely nothing. It was spotless, as if someone cleaned it up. The only thing on the roof was a orange colored phone, Hinata's phone. You walked over to it and picked it up. It was spotted with fresh red blood. You looked around the edges of the roof and nothing was there. Hot tears streamed down your face as you mourned of the death of your best friend.

"Who would do such a thing?!" You shouted aloud, knowing no one would hear it.

Your wandered back to the creepy messages for three nights ago and put two and two together. You whipped out your phone and found the strange messages.

[???]: You did this. You killed Hinata.

[???]: What did he do to deserve this?!

Unknown#: I only did it to teach you a lesson.

[???]: It couldn't been that of a lesson to kill someone I cared about!

Unknown#: You thought you could run off with another boy when the love of your life is right here. I cared about you and you tossed it away. So I tossed something you cared about away.

Unknown#: So I got rid of him. I don't know what you saw in a stupid small fry like him. I easily made his death look a puny suicide.

[???]: Who are you?!

Unknown#: Forgetful, are we? No matter, you're once again mine and that is all that needs to be said. Btw, you look absolutely beautiful from behind.

The door shut loudly behind you. You turned around quickly and saw no one. You flung the door open and sprintef down the stairs, in an attempt to see the murderer yourself. But by the time you reached the bottom, they were gone.