blueberry pancakes.

*the reason Scarlett seems so different in Josh's POV than in her own POV is because Josh sees her differently than she sees herself. if that makes any sense*

Scarlett's POV:

I wake up, groggy. I get out of bed and sit on the chair next to Josh's desk. I sit for awhile until suddenly the door swings open and a dude in his boxers is in the door frame. "Hey Josh I-" he looks at me and I look at him. We stare at each other for about a minute and then he just turns around and walks away. Well that must've been Tyler.

Josh's POV:

I was in the kitchen, making some blueberry pancakes. That pancake mix had just been sitting in the pantry, unused, so I decided to at least try to impress our guest with good food. Tyler walks in. 

"Hey Josh" he says. 

"Hey" I mumble as I pour some blueberries into the batter. God I hope she's not allergic to any of this stuff. 

"So. I woke up this morning and I think we need to talk" he says nonchalantly as he pushes a napkin around the table with a fork. 

"Ok, sure." I say flipping a pancake. 

"Well just as a little heads up, in the future- if it's not too much trouble- maybe you'd like to inform me IF WE HAVE A TEENAGE GIRL STAYING IN OUR APARTMENT!" he shouts. 

"Oh. You must've met her." I say. 

"Yeah, I must've" he mocks. 

Scarlett walks in. Her blonde hair is in a messy ponytail, but to me it looks perfect. She rubs her bright blue eyes and winces when she touches the black bruise forming on her face. 

"Hi" she mumbles quietly. 

I rush to her side. "Hi. Do you want me to check your eye? I can get you some medicine for it or something." I say quickly, leading her to the couch. 

"No, I think I'm fine," she looks at Tyler. "Hi, Tyler. I'm Scarlett" she says. 

His mean face quickly vanishes. "Hi. Nice to meet you. Josh, I expect you to further elaborate on our discussion later today" he says glaring. 

"Yeah for sure" I say, still staring at Scarlett. 

Tyler walks out of the room. 

"Um I think your pancakes are burning" she says looking at the kitchen. 

"Shit." I rush over to the pan and scrape off the burnt, black, crunchy mess. She laughs. She comes over to the kitchen. 

"Do you want me to help?" she puts her hand on my shoulder, sparkles in her eyes. A shiver runs through me. 

"Yes please" I plead. She laughs again. I swear her laugh is contagious because suddenly, I have a goofy grin on my own face.

Scarlett's POV:

After I "help" Josh make the blueberry pancakes, we head over to the couch and he turns on some cartoons while we eat. 

"So. Since I'm staying at your place, I think I should know more about you" I say. 

He chuckles. "Ok. I'm Josh Dun. I'm in a small band called Twenty-One Pilots with my best friend Tyler, whom you just met. I'm 21. Oh and I like cartoons." (A/N: I know Josh is not actually 21, but I made him younger and I made the band not as well known as it is today for purposes of the story). 

"Cool. I'm Scarlett Hartley. I am taking a year off before college. I'm 19. Oh and I also like cartoons." I say confidently. 

He smiles. "Cool." We stare at each other. 

"Well I'm glad I made a friend. I've been needing one of those lately." I say.

Josh's POV:

My heart sunk when she said the word "friend". 

But it would never go anywhere anyways. Who would ever like me? The outcast pink-haired freak drummer who is awkward and can hardly talk to anyone except for his best friend? Who could ever love me?