after.

*Sorry for all of the POV switches lol lmk if they get annoying*
Scarlett's POV:
I tried not to buy a lot. I really did try. It's not like I wanted Josh to blow all of his money on me. But I'm a girl and what can I say? I like to shop. Besides, he seemed to be having fun. He kept encouraging me to buy more things. 

"Come on Scar it doesn't hurt to get more clothes" he whined as we were walking towards the exit. 

"Yes it does! You're sp-" I stopped dead in my tracks. The most beautiful little black dress was laying in front of me inside a little boutique. I didn't take my eyes off the dress but I could feel Josh staring at me. 

"Try it on" he says plainly. 

I couldn't resist the urge. We walk into the boutique and I go up to the sales lady. 

"Hi! Do you carry that black dress over there in a size 2?" I ask hopefully. She silently judges me while looking up and down at my attire. Raggedy leggings and a too-big t-shirt. Then she sees Josh come in, holding at least 10 shopping bags. 

"Hey" he mutters. "Did you get the dress?" he asks. 

I look back at the sales lady to find a fake smile plastered on her face. 

"Of course! Follow me, honey!" she exclaims. She hands me the dress and shoves me into a dressing room. 

I peel off my clothes and remember I'm not wearing underwear. My face is flushed. 

"Josh?" I whisper. "Yeah I'm right outside." he says nonchalantly. 

"Um. Can you hand me some clean underwear?" I ask meekly. 

There's silence and then he tosses over some nude underwear from the VS bag. I rip off the tag and change into the dress. There's no mirror inside the dressing room so I walk out.

Josh's POV:
She walks out of the dressing room and it takes everything inside of me not to kiss her right then and there. She was beautiful all the time, but when she walked out of that dressing room, she was stunning. It was almost like the dress was made for her. 

It enveloped her tiny figure, making her seem smaller if that was even possible. But it didn't make her look like a little kid. It made her look grown up and beautiful. She pulled her wavy blonde hair to the front of her face and looked in the mirror. I study her face. When she looks at herself, she blushes. 

"It's beautiful." I tell her. 

"It is a beautiful dress." she sighs, not taking her eyes off of the dress.

Scarlett's POV:
"Let me go change" I tell Josh as I go back into the dressing room. 

I change clothes and then I check the price of the dress. 

WTF?! $1,100? I should've known. It was a boutique. I sigh. I wanted the dress so bad, but $1100 was slightly out of the price range I had in mind. Just slightly. 

I walk out of the room to see Josh waiting at the register. "Where's the dress?" he asks. 

"Right here" I reply while handing it back to the sales lady. "I'm sorry but it's not the price I had in mind" I tell her. 

She scoffs and mutters something that sounds like "I knew it". She scurries off to put the precious dress back on the mannequin. Josh looks surprised. 

"Scar that dress was beautiful. We still could have gotten it." he says as we walk out of the store. 

"I was not about to let you spend $1100 on me after all you've done already" I say. 

He chuckles. "Wait here, I'll go grab the car" he says. After waiting an abnormally long time for Josh to come with the car, I finally get in the passenger seat. 

"That took awhile" I state. "Sorry" he shrugs "had to put all the bags in the back. So. Dinner plans. It's 9:00 so we might need to go to like a fast-food place or something. I doubt many restaurants would still be serving" he says. 

"What about a bar?" I ask. 

"Iconic. I like it" Josh mumbles as he puts the car in reverse and speeds out of the parking lot.