walk.

*I don't even know at this point why I keep writing no one bothers to read this*

Scarlett's POV:

As soon as my feet hit the ground, I tense. It's freezing but for some reason, I love it.

"So what're your goals in life?" Tyler asks.

"Really? You're gonna ask me my goals in life?" I snort.

"People who say what you just said normally don't have goals in life" Tyler said, kicking a rock and then wincing when he remembers he only has socks on. "But that's ok, I don't really know what I want to do with my life either. Other than music. I know I want to pursue music." he says.

"Well you are pursuing music, right?" I ask him.

"Well yeah, I guess. I think we really need to start playing more venues. I love when I can meet people who truly appreciate the music we play. I feel like I actually have a purpose in life." he rambles.

After a few seconds of walking in silence, he stops and looks at me.

"You're not saying anything." Tyler observes.

"I would rather listen to you." I say.

He blushes and we continue walking.

"I've never really opened up to anyone other than Josh about this, but I kind of have severe anxiety. I have two faces and sometimes I don't realize when I've turned into the one I'm not" he says. "Sometimes I wonder if that's why our band is not going anywhere. Because of my anxiety. Because I don't like talking to people I can't connect with. Even though I really want to, I can't. Sometimes I wonder if I'm holding Josh back" his voice cracks.

I unintentionally grab his hand. He flinches and looks at me. I quickly pull my hand away.

"Sorry" I murmur.

He grabs my hand back and we continue walking.

"I like to sing." I say after awhile.

"I know I've heard you" he mutters.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Nothing. I like to sing too." he says

I laugh. "Really? I had no idea" I say sarcastically.

He looks at the ground and smiles.

We get to a rock and we sit down. I pull my feet up close to me and take off my wet socks and shove them in my pocket. I hated the feeling of wet socks.

"Sometimes I wonder about why we are here. On earth, I mean. Are we God's source of entertainment? Are we just running around in the circle of life?" Tyler asks.

"I wish I knew the answer. But what else would you be doing if you weren't living?"

"Probably playing music in heaven. Or wherever we go after death." he shrugs.

I smile at him.

"You have a pretty smile" Tyler states.

"You have a pretty face" I say.

"What?"

"What?"

"You have a pretty face too" he leans in.

no no no don't do it it's not fair to josh no don't do it don't do it

I kissed him.

It felt nice. His lips were soft. They felt almost musical, if that makes any sense. It was a long kiss. It felt really good.

When we broke away, Tyler blushed. I blushed too.

"That was nice" he says.

"Yeah," I say. "It was"

And in that moment I felt different. I felt weird. I felt like crying. I don't know why, I just wanted to die. I couldn't understand anything. I tried to stand up but then I saw black spots and I fell back down. He was trying to speak but everything sounded blurred together. I wanted to go home. Not to the apartment I wanted to go to my real home. I wanted my momma I wanted to be six years old again in summer and to sit on the sidewalk sucking on Popsicles with my best friends whose names I don't even remember today. I wanted to start over. I had never felt this feeling before but I put my face in my hands and bawled.

He pulled me close to him.

"It's ok, it's ok" he whispered.

Except it wasn't ok. Everything felt worse. The weather felt colder the sky felt darker and my sadness felt sadder. Because suddenly your life is flying by you but you can't fly so you have to run and by the time you catch up you realize you've run past the important things and let everything else slip through your fingers. I want to die I just want to die. I don't know what's happening to me but I can't make sense of anything.

"I-I don't know-" I said in between sobs.

"Shh." he whispered.