surprising.

*lol my titles have so much effort put into them right?*

Tyler's POV:

I shut the door to my bedroom and lean on it. I sigh. She was even more beautiful than when I first saw her this morning. I wonder what happened to her eye. I guess Josh will explain everything later. 

Scarlett. I love that name. But it was wrong. Josh was the one who brought her here in the first place, so he probably likes her. But I like her too. 

I was being a dick. Josh is my best friend. We have never gotten into a fight over a girl before, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Josh's POV:

After we talked for a while, we cleared up the plates. Apparently, Scarlett isn't close with her parents at all. They both kicked her out after she told them she wanted to take some time off before college. According to her, they were really strict about school and stuff. 

I told her she could stay with us as long as she needed to. I was kind of confused at Tyler. When he came in for breakfast, he looked at Scarlett kind of weirdly. Like he was mesmerized by her. It was probably just me making assumptions, but I couldn't shake the strange feeling. 

"Wanna come see what I do for my band?" I ask her. 

There wasn't much else to do today, so I figured why not skip the awkward silences and just continue to do things. 

"Sure, I'd love to" she says excitedly. 

She reminded me of a little kid sometimes, but other times I wanted to handle her like an adult. I had to push back those feelings though. She just wanted to be friends. 

We head downstairs to the basement at the bottom of the apartment complex. The landlord had agreed to let Tyler and I use the basement for band practice, since we paid extra. When we get there, there are quite a few instruments laid out. A guitar, ukulele, keyboard, drum kit, and a mic. 

"Which one do you think I use?" I smirked. 

She looked thoughtfully at everything. "The drums" she said confidently. 

"Why do you think that?" I wondered aloud. 

"You're too shy to sing, I think. When we went into Tyler's room the other night, I saw a ukulele next to his desk. That also probably means he knows how to play guitar." she says. 

"What about the keyboard?" I asked her. 

She shrugged. "You look like a drummer". 

"Very good. You're observant, and you guessed right." I said, surprised. 

We stood around for a minute. "Well are you just gonna stand there or are you going to play for me?" she asked. 

"It's not really an instrument you can play for people. You kind of need more instruments to take over." I said shyly looking at the ground. 

"Bullcrap. Play for me. Just drop a cool beat." she said sitting down on the edge of the ratty old couch. 

"O-Ok." I say nervously. I tap out a beat on my drumsticks and then play something kind of fun. She looked like she was into it. I was surprised. Most people can't appreciate drums by itself. 

After I finished, she clapped loud and long. She leaned back and fell onto the couch laughing. I hopped down next to her. We both stared at the ceiling. 

"That was really good" she says. 

I growl playfully. "You're just saying that because I'm letting you live with me." 

She laughs. "Oh so now I'm officially living with you?" she asks, jokingly punching me on the arm. 

"Sure" I say. 

"Look, I know I've only known you for a short time, but you're pretty chill and fun so I think it'd be really cool for you to live with me. Us. Me and Tyler." I stutter. 

"Wow. If it's that easy to come and live with you, remind me to never let you pick roommates." she jokes. 

"So is that a yes? You also kind of have no where else to go" I say.

"That is true. Ok. Yes!" she says giggling. 

We get up. "Welcome home, roommate" I say.