Lollipop

Oh lollipop, where to start?  We bonded through mutual friends in fourth grade.  And then grew fonder through the years.  We've never been too close.  You aren't the mushy type and we don't share secrets like others.  You're very particular and like alternative music.  Although a lot of people just think you're weird, I understand a little bit. Missing your family in Europe.  Not many people speak your language.  Sometimes I wonder why we're such good friends.  But then I realize, in a way we are exactly the same.  Just...different than everyone else.  I'm excited to see how you turn out.  What you become.  It's a great adventure together.

You have taught me a lot about friendship and tolerance.  Do you remember the very first day that we met?  I do.  It was during Invention Convention.  Your desk was next to mine.  I had something for cake and cupcakes, it worked well with candles (that is all I remember).  And yours was a cat leash with a harness, treats, and bags for poop.  I personally think it would have worked better for a dog, but we were fourth graders.

You and Lolli (a different person) skipped the overrated part of life that is known as dating.  We are thirteen and you are married.  But the funny thing is, you got married four times this year.  Once to a Christmas tree, once to a giant stuffed cat named Rory, once to pizza, and once to Lolli.  Thank goodness you found Lolli though.  I don't know how much longer I could take you talking about Gerard Way and asking why your favorite band mates had to die.

After everything that you put up with, usually through science class, I am very glad that we're still friends.  I know that we aren't sleepover friends, but work friends.  But I also know everything about you and we played a very interesting game of Truth or Dare at my house.  Cupcakes, I will make you more cupcakes.

Love you,

Bri.