Chapter 11

A/N: In the picture is Jasper.

Making it back home, the boys quickly got showers and arranged their sleeping spots in the living room. Jasper and Oliver had taken the two pullout couches while Paul sat back in the recliner and Zane laid in the plush loveseat.

I smiled as they all got comfortable. "There. Now rest up, guys. You deserve it."

Before I could head upstairs, Paul's voice stopped me. "Can you tell us a bedtime story?"

I giggled as I looked back at him. "A bedtime story? What are you, five?"

After a moment of him staring at me with pleading eyes, I playfully rolled my eyes. I sighed and smiled, giving in to his demand.

"Alright. I think I'll tell you the story of my death."

"I like this story already," Jasper quietly stated.

I sat myself on the edge of Oliver's bed and began my story. "It all started when I was little. I never knew my father and my mother didn't want to have to care for me. I was sent here, to this very place, to live a life of servitude to a man named William Richmond."

"You've been here longer than I thought," Paul said in a quiet voice.

I nodded slightly and a frown tugged at the corners of my lips. "I had to drop out of school and I never learned to drive or anything. And worst of all, I had to work for a cruel, abusive man. Every single day was like living a nightmare. In fact, my former master is the one who gave me this."

I pointed to the scar over my left eye, earning quiet gasps from the boys. They all watched me, listening closely to everything I was telling them.

"Then what happened?" Paul asked.

"I had finally had enough. I worked out the perfect plan to get rid of him, once and for all. I tricked him into going into the woods, then I killed him and buried his body. And right after, I was killed by the Rake. But when I awoke, I became the girl you see before you now."

Everyone stared at me as I stood up. "There. The end. Now go to bed."

I started to leave but was stopped once again by Paul. "Wait, Marlow."

I sighed and looked back at him. "What? Do you want a goodnight kiss too?"

"No...well, actually, that would be kind of nice. But that can't be all of the story. There has to be more to it than that."

"Well there isn't," I told him.

"So...do we still get kisses?" I smiled slightly at Jasper's simple question.

"The things I do for you guys," I said with a small sigh.

I went over to Jasper's bed and bent down, pecking his forehead lightly. I did the same to Oliver, then Paul, and then Zane. Afterwards, I placed my hands on my hips.

"There. You got kisses and a story. Now go to sleep. Goodnight, boys."

I heard their quiet "goodnights" as I headed upstairs. I went to the bathroom to take a quick shower before heading to bed.

Zane's pov

After Marlow headed upstairs, I began thinking. I thought all of us had harsh lives, but Marlow's was even worse. She was abused and lived in fear.

No wonder she's always so cold and distant. I found myself unable to close my eyes. I sat up and looked at the others. I quietly got up only to hear a sudden voice in the darkness.

"Zane, are you going to see Marlow?"

I looked over at Jasper as he sat up in his bed, Oliver and Paul soon doing the same. Damn, they caught me.