Chapter 14

"Who is trying to kill you?" I questioned trying to sound as calm as possible.

She just shook her head in response.

"Listen, baby. I can't help you if you don't tell me something."

She looked up at me through  her two black eyes, contemplating whether she should tell me or not, before shaking her head and directing her attention towards the ground.

Sighing, I turned from her and went to prepare the bathroom for her. I had to clean her up. She looked as if she had been on the run for days.

After grabbing a big towel and a washcloth, I ran some hot water. I was sure a shower would be painful with all of the cuts and scratches she had scattered along her body. Once everything was ready I went into my room and grabbed clothes for her to wear.

Going back into the living room, she was still slumped over in the chair in pain and agony.

"Erin?"

Her head popped up as if I had woken her out of her sleep.

"Come on." I said helping her out of the chair and led her into the bathroom.

I helped her to strip out of her clothes only to discover a fresh batch of bruises along with countless needle marks. She eased into the water slowly, as the warm water washed over her body. Once she sat down I quickly got to work on cleaning her body as well as her hair while she continued to shake uncontrollably.

I could tell she was going through withdrawals of whatever they had her on. I've been around enough junkies in my lifetime to know the difference between a junkie shake and any other kind of shake.

After bathing her I drained the water while she was still in the bathtub and proceeded to clean and cover all of the cuts she had. Once I finished that task, I dried her off and helped her into the clothes I had for her before laying her in the bed as she fell fast asleep.

I couldn't believe this was happening -- on today of all days.

Once I realized Aiden was still here, I walked into the other room to see him sitting in the kitchen, finishing up a call.

"You can leave if you want." I said walking up to him and standing between his legs.

"Now, you know better than that." He said pulling me closer to him. "Is she sleeping?"

I nodded.

"Okay, well once she wakes up I have a friend that can help her out."

"What do you mean?" I asked, my voice laced with skepticism.

"She's completely strung out, babe. She needs help."

"What do you think I'm doing, Aiden? I can assure you I've been around enough fiends in my life to know that." I defended pulling away from him.

He pulled me back to him once he noticed I was starting to getting upset.

"Devyn, I'm not trying to make you mad. I just want to help. Will you let me do that, please?"

After an intense stare down, I finally gave in and granted him permission.

"Do I need to pack her anything?"

He had already gone back to his phone before responding by shaking his head. "Relax baby. I got this."

Wiggling out of his grip, I went to the living room area and laid on the floor. It felt like my head was spinning from everything that had happened today and I just need to chill for a minute.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew, I was being shaken awake.

"Huh?" I answered in my half-sleep state.