Strong

The team had been training for the last few day's and kakashi had the audacity to tell you that zabuza is actually still alive! Isn't that just peachy?

  You blew up at him asking him why the hell he hadn't told you about that very fact sooner. He then ran away for a few hours after you tried to punch him but, ended up shattering a tree instead of his masked face.

Well, soon we had recieved news that the bridge was under attack. All of you were training outside well...minus naruto. He had passed out yesterday from overworking himself after you had that vision fiasco.

One of tazuna's men at the bridge had come running into the training grounds "Tazuna! Their here! There attacking the bridge!"

Kakashi had immediately told everyone to get ready and that it was time we put our training to good use. However, once everyone was ready kakashi had told you to stay.

As if you weren't upset enough at him already.

"Naruto is still asleep from his training. I need you to protect Tazuna's family and then join us on the battle".

You looked down clutching your kunai in hand. You wanted to get back at the cow printed bastard for hurting your teammates. But, you had to follow orders so you nodded.

Kakashi nodded back and ran off with sakura and sasuke. You went back to tazuna's house grumbling to yourself.

You helped Tsunami with a few chores as you were mentally screaming. Your team was out there risking their lives while you were doing dishes. That's just fantastic.

You finished the chores and hung out with inari for a few moments. He had asked if you could teach him how to weild a kunai. You had happily said yes and told him to get in a stance.

"Back straight." You straightened up. Inari followed your movements. "Pull your arm back as if your pulling on a bow string". You both did the movement. You looked down at inari with a small smile to see if he was paying attention.

He had his tongue out at the side of his lip and looking down at his legs to fix his stance.

You then took out a kunai from your pouch. You kneeled down to inari's height and put the kunai in his hand.

"Now. Bring up your elbow" he extended his elbow being careful not to drop the sharp object. You guided his smaller hand and fixed his posture.

"Finally, recoil. And flick your wrist towards that tree". Inari did just that and while his strength wasn't at it's greatest his kunai struck the lower trunk of the tree.

Inari's eye's widened in wonder and achievement "i-i did it! I did it! I threw a kunai! I did it onee-chan! I...".

He paused realizing what he just said and turned away with a blush and mumbled his apologies "i-i'm sorry i-i didn't mean...".

You laughed in glee startling him and wrapped your arm's around his smaller frame and lifted him off his feet "oh! I'd love to be your sister! I can't believe it! I have a little brother now! I'm so excited! Oh your so sweet and adorable!"

Inari struggled out of your suffocating grip with tomato stained cheeks down to his neck. Suddenly, you stopped and put inari down.

Inari looked up at his new big sister in worry "(y/n)-chan?"

You looked around into the tree's and looked back down at inari a serious look on your face. "Inari i need you to get back inside and back to your mom. Do that for me ok?"

You turned to the kunai imbeded in the tree and your arm extended metal wires coming from your sleeve wrapping around the grip. The kunai speed towards you like a bullet and your hand caught it the last minute.

"Now. Inari" you said sternly.

Inari looked up at you worriedly "but, onee-chan...".

You ruffled his hair that was for once not covered by his hat "it'll be ok. Be strong for me. Now get inside.".

Inari nodded and ran into his home. Just in time you see a blur of orange and a series of mumbled curses follow.

"Naruto. Dammit." You cursed and attempted to run after him until, you scanned the area and noticed a shadow up ahead.

Your eye's narrowed and you hid in the bushes waiting for the figure to pass by. Your eye's widened slightly as you noticed they were rogues.

You moved towards them and snuck behind one. You jumped on his back causing a scream of anger to erupt and startle the other.

You wrapped a wire around his neck and kicked the other in the face. You pulled on it causing him to grab at your hair and clothes in an attempt to pry you off of his gasping form.

You cried out as he bit into your leg and let him go in shock and pain. You were grab from the back by the other rogue and thrown into the clearing near the house.

They both looked at you angrily and the first rogue looked at the other. You watched in horror as the first flickered away towards the house.

"No!.." you turned towards the house running but, was stopped mid run as the ninja grabbed your hood and forced you into the gtound.

"You got some nerve kid" he said his foot stepping on your back forcing you into the ground.

You looked up in pain as you heard Tsunami scream "n-no.." you cried weakly and saueezed your eye's shut.

'No. I'm failing the people i love. I can't beat them. Not on my own. Why am i so weak?! Why can't i be strong!?' You held back tears as you struggled to your feet.

'No! I can't let this happen! I-i have to get to my little brother! I need to protect him!' You push against the ground as you hear inari cry out for his mother.

You looked up at the rogue anger burning in your eye's "g-get off of me!" You reached back with one hand wrapping your hand around his ankle. Your wire's penetrating his ankle coming out the other end.

Blood splatters onto the ground and onto your face. You didn't know why but, a grin formed on your face. You loved the sight. The rogue fell back in agony a scream tearing through his throat as he craddle his shattered ankle.

You got up and ran back towards the house wiping the blood off your face. 'What was that? What was that feeling? I've never...what's happening to me?' You thought as you turned back to the rogue who now had a kunai in his forehead.

When did you...?

You made it to the house panting and noticed naruto in front of the house just finishing off the rogue.

"N-naruto" you said surprised.

Naruto turned back towards you with a grin "(y/n)-Chan your here too! They left you behind too? Are you ok?"

You nodded knowing he was referring to the blood on your clothes. You then looked towards inari, he had a smile as he looked at you in adoration.

You could see the tear stains on his face and off to the side you could see the unconscious form of Tsunami.

You kneeled in front of inari "forgive me. I wasn't there little brother. I-i put you in danger. I'm so sorry inari".

Inari shook his head "no! Onee-Chan it's ok! I saw you fighting the other bandit and you almost...i was too weak. I couldn't save you. A-and i couldn't save mother."

You looked up at the little boy who still had tears running down his face "no inari. Your strong. The strongest little guy I've ever  seen" you said with a smile and tapping his nose making him giggle "you protected your mother. If you didn't who knows what might have happened. But, next time. I'll be there to protect you." You stood up coming to naruto's side who was smiling softly "we both will".

Inari smiled and nodded "okay!"

Naruto then said "your a strong one that'sfor sure inari! Now i need you to round up the villagers. And take them to the bridge. Do that for me okay inari?"

Inari nodded "yes i will".

"Great!" Naruto said and turned to you. You smiled at him causing him to blush slightly before saying "ready to join the party?"

"Thought you'd never ask".

With that you both sped over towards the bridge. Ready to face xabuza for the last time.