Not you...

Naruto held your hand looking into your eyes as you grimaced in pain "w-why?" He cried quietly tears threatening to break the surface.

You only looked up at them with a dazed look a thin strand of blood running down the corner of your lips. Sasuke sat in shock his eye's wide as he realized it should've been him.

"You shouldn't have done that (y/n)-Chan! Now your--" Naruto cut himself off shaking slightly as his head went limp his hand on your own.

Your eye's saddened as a tear slid down your eye. Sasuke hesitated but, his hand moved to your other since they both were at either side of you. Your eye's widened in surprise as sasuke lifted his hand in your's.

"Forgive me (y/n). This wasn't meant to be you" he whispered his eye's narrowing as his eye's reddened.

Naruto looked up slightly to see his distressed teammate and held back his snark comments for another time. Naruto held your hand tighter and felt tears travel down his face one at a time.

He was surprised when he felt your hand leave his slowly and a soft caress came that wiped it away a moment later "(y/n)-Chan" he whispered in surprise.

You only smiled "every...thing's...fine".

Naruto's bottom lip quivered as he leaned into your touch and brought up his hand to entwine your's with his, his eyes closing to relish the moment that could be his last with you.

Sasuke sneered obviously upset and with a cracking voice he yelled "how can you say that?!"

You turned your head surprised "S-sasuke?"

Naruto was surprised as well and looked up to meet Sasuke's sharp gaze before he looked down at their crush. Sasuke had never looked so distressed or upset, Naruto realized with a start.

Sasuke was shaking and his fists clenched tightly "this shouldn't have been you! You shouldn't have gotten in the way! Now your...your..." he cut off as he looked down.

His grip on your hand tightened "I don't wanna lose you too" he said looking up finally tears slowly making their way down his usually stoic face.

You seemed at loss of word's "i-i..." a thin strand of blood made its way past your lips and the boys both paused before Naruto pulled you up into his lap.

Naruto and Sasuke looked at each other sharing a brief exchange before they look down at you with looks of grief and guilt.

"I-I'm fine. We have....a mission...to complete..r-remember" you stuttered sleepily leaning into Naruto's chest.

Sasuke's eye's widened in realization taking your face in his hands "nononono." He said repeatedly shaking you lightly.

"(Y/n). (Y/n) stay with us." He said sternly and desperately.

You only looked at him with a smile as he caressed your blood stained cheek "if fate decide's...then... I'm ready" you said softly.

Naruto choked and Sasuke froze "(y/n)-Chan! (Y/n)-Chan no!" Naruto pleaded as you slowly started to drift off.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n) you can't do this! (Y/n)!" Sasuke cried as your skin went pale and your grip on his hand went limp and weak before you went cold.

"Restore...your clan. Don't think of...revenge" you breathed to Sasuke as he gripped your hand to his lips shaking.

"Show everyone...who Naruto is. Future hokage" you smiled sleepily at Naruto.

Naruto held you close and whimpered "please don't do this..." he whispered to the gods.

"Please".

Your head fell to the side slowly, your eye's drifting closed.

But, before you could depart you caught sight of a figure behind Sasuke on his knees. The figure had dark hair and a feminine face. Your eye's widened slightly before realizing that it was...

"Haku?"

The figure looked up as if hearing your words and tears were cascading down his face. He caught your eye and seemed to freeze but, before he could turn away you smiled at him.

His eyes widened in shock as his eye's watered once more "I forgive you" you mouthed before your vision went black.

You went completely limp in Naruto's arm's and the boys were frozen in place. Haku couldn't move for he was paralyzed looking at the limp body of a friend he betrayed and a friend that trusted him.

Haku didn't notice when Naruto began to move placing you down gently and lovingly in front of him, nor did he catch Sasuke caress your now pale cheek softly before both boys stood with renewed vigor.

However, Haku did feel a powerful aura. And he didn't react until, he found it not from Zabuza or even the Copy cat. But, from the two boys in front of him.

Haku blinked before hearing shuffling and with a gasp jumped out of the way. He was however blasted back by the winds of the impact and the shattering of his dome.

He landed a few yards away in horror as he caught sight if the spot that he used to occupie now in smithereens and smoking. He turned in a unfamiliar fear towards the two people responsible.

"We'll kill you" they whispered as one, their auras coming off as deadly and promising.

Naruto had an orange, violent aura surrounding him which added to the developing canines in his teeth as he snarled at Him.

Sasuke held an emotionless look as his fists smoked from supposed flames and his body enveloped in a red swirl that entwined with Naruto's violently.

Haku wasn't prepared for them to attack as they lunged with a new and terrifying ferocity.