A life for a life

Sasuke was the first to get to him. Haku barely had time to dodge before he felt the wisp air nearly blow him backwards as Sasuke swiped at him missing terribly. Naruto came up next his fangs growing and his orange, violent aura blazing madly.

Haku faked a duck and slid from under him before making a break for it the other way. He knew he wouldn't be able to fight both of these...these monster's. They were to strong to be mere children.

Haku skidded to a stop his mouth bow wide in terror as Sasuke appeared in front of him delivering a bone crushing roundhouse to Haku's side.

He groaned in pain as he collided with a heavy thud on the ground. He panted fear pouring through him, they were going to kill him.

Haku Looked up once more and saw Naruto stalking towards him his energy flaring wildly his eye's nearly rolling up in his rage tears pouring down his eye's "I'll kill you..." he whispered dangerously.

Haku's eye's widened in horror and he crawled backwards quickly before getting to his feet and running "I've failed...over failed zabuza-kun. I've failed (y/n)" he mumbled to himself finally defeated as Sasuke appeared behind him grabbing his ankle as soon as he lifted himself from the ground.

Sasuke didn't look much different from Naruto but, his expression was more resigned but, he held much more anger his eye's reddening from holding back his own waterworks "I'll kill you for what you did to her" he stated quietly and with a last squeeze of Haku's ankle he yanked him down with excruciating force.

Haku hit the ground and he cried out agony ripping through him and he suddenly couldn't feel his right leg. He clenched his teeth in pain biting his tongue to hold in his screams before he panted.

The two heartbroken boys growled and chuckled at his pain before stalking towards his body once more. Haku struggled to move and he felt his chest constrict painfully causing him to fall back on his movements and lay back down.

Haku sighed as the boys came above him and with sneers on their face's they prepared their attacks. He closed his eye's and he felt a tear escape his eye's slowly and his head turned towards your body.

You lay peacefully at the other side of the field the Senbon he had aimed at you still sticking from your beautiful body that held not even an ounce of pure hatred in your blood. Haku ached to see your eye's open at least one more time before he died.

He now could see the little pink haired girl crying over your still body, her hands caressing each side of your face as she coaxed you to awake.

That's when he felt it.

Zabuza was endanger.

Haku broke away from his gaze to you and looked up at the boys quickly "forgive me." He said as he stood quickly narrowly missing that blow "but, I cannot die by your hands, not now".

Haku then began running to protect the last life that mattered to him. The last life that may care for him at all. With the pain in his leg however, Haku feared he may not make it.

Your pov

Everything hurt.

Was this how it felt to die? Pain?

If it was then, I guess we all don't have much to look forward to then do we?

You felt as light as air however and as if you were defying gravity itself. You couldn't move and you only saw darkness.

Wake up.

You nearly froze if you weren't already. Who said that? Who else was here? You couldn't see. The only thing you could see was darkness, everlasting darkness.

Please wake up.

Why? Was someone waiting for you?

What could possibly be waiting for you? Your family...

You felt your blood run cold and everything in you deflate horribly. Your family was gone. So what was the point of going back? Who would possibly miss you?

Please. We need you.

Why does that voice sound so familiar? Who was calling you? Who needed you?

Naruto...Sasuke....

You felt your eye's fly open but, your eye's met noting but, a starry sky and endless night.

Your team...team 7.

Your friends. Did....did they need you?

But, they were....they were strong...they had other friends....they couldn't possibly...

Please please don't leave us.

You felt tears blur your vision as you thought of your friends. How could you think to leave them? To leave them like...their families had left them? Like your family had left you...

You needed to be strong. You needed to fight...if not for yourself then, for your family. The new Team 7.

You needed to get back. You felt pain seer though you once more and you felt yourself groan even if you didn't do it. We're you still alive?

You closed your eye's finally once more the darkness returning 'wake up. Wake up' you repeated in your head.

You willed your body to begin moving, wiggle your fingers, wiggle your toes. Nothing was working.

'Come on work with me. Please work with me' you thought to yourself.

Sudeenly, you felt something heavy settle on your chest and you groaned at the pain. You froze. You said something. You felt the weight lift nearly immediately and a gasp was soon followed.

"(Y/n)-chan!" Sakura?

You groaned once more and strained to open your eye's "S-sa...ku...ra?" You strained to say something.

You felt her weight on your chest once again knocking the air out of you and you groaned again your eye's opened fully now. You squinted as you finally began getting used to the brightness.

"Oh Thank goodness your alive!" She cried into your chest.

You smiled weakly "Yea. I'm...alive" you trailed off and you raised your hand slightly to pluck out a Senbon in your abdomen.

Suddenly, you heard a warrior cry and you turned slightly your eye's widening in pure horror "H-haku" you whispered watching as the boy jumped in front of his Zabuza while Kakashi fired up his legendary Chidori.