Chapter 3

Evangeline's P.O.V

I woke up extremely early, 5:30, because I was so excited to get to Hogwart’s and flaunt my Malfoy pride, the kind I was forced to hide at Beaubaxton’s. I took a long freezing cold shower, got dressed in dark skinny jeans and a mid-sleeved plain black v-neck and black flats then accessorize with large diamond stud earrings, green snake necklace and snake ring (a gift from Draco and Blaise) before I went downstairs for an early breakfast, it is now 6:45. I walk down quietly so I wouldn’t disturb any late sleepers but to my surprise Draco is already at the breakfast bar playing with his omelet not really paying attention to anything just staring off into space until, creak,’ for such a nice house with so many house elves  it sure does have creaky floors’. Draco spins around wand at the ready pointed right at me, “Whoa, chill Draco it’s just me!” you shout. He recognizes who I am and puts his wand away, “Oh sorry Evangeline, I did not realize it was you” he replied. “Well obviously, I would hope you don’t want to curse me!” I tell him teasingly. He laughs slowly then sits back on the chair next to the breakfast bar still kind of quiet, and I know something is on his mind.

“Draco, what’s the matter?” I ask him very concerned.

“Nothing.” He quietly replies.

“Draco you aren’t fooling me, I am your sister and I can tell when something is wrong, so spill.” I forcefully tell him.

“Evan, I’m fine, I promise.”

“Draco, no you’re not! And if you don’t tell me, I’m going to tell mother!” I threaten him.

“I see you are wearing the snake ring Blaise got for you.” He says attempting to change the subject.

“Well yes, when I get into Slytherin I want to flaunt it, just how any other Malfoy would.” I reply with a smirk, then frown and say, “Nice try Draco, but we are not changing the subject until you tell me what is on your mind!”

“I was just thinking about a conversation I heard earlier, that is all! See what boring news I was thinking about.” He replies coolly then continues, “And I won’t waste your time telling you of the rubbish.” He sincerely smiles as he waited for my reply.

“Fine, you win this time, Draco Malfoy. But you might not be so lucky the next.” I playfully punched him in the arm and then pulled up a chair next to him. “And just so you know, even though it’s not any of your business, I am trying to impress Blaise and give him a chance. It wouldn’t hurt, unless we have a horrible breakup and you have to choose between us. Oh! And could you imagine all those awkward dinners with other Death Eaters?” I ask sarcastically, but by Draco’s expression it looks like he is taking this possibility seriously.

Well, at 10:00, we leave the manor to aboard the Hogwart’s Express, once we arrive at King’s Cross Station. Father exits the station after bidding us a farewell and therefore leaving Mother to escort us to Platform nine and three-quarters. When we arrive at a platform between nine and ten, it is 10:45, I look at Draco confusedly but as soon as he sees my face he runs into the wall (more like column) between platforms nine and ten, but he goes through. ‘Oh this must be the gateway to the Hogwart’s Express, right in front of everyone but yet only witches and wizards would think running into a wall to get on a train’ I chuckle at this comment to myself then tell Mother goodbye and give her a hug before running into the wall. ‘Wow I feel really stupid for running into a wall’.

Once on the other side all I see is a massive train and the bustling of a sea of Hogwart’s students, you load your things into the train then go to find a cart, and unsurprisingly run into someone, it’s Kyla Anderson, the girl that was with the trio that day at the ice cream parlor. “Oh I am so sorry; I can be such a clutz sometimes!” She exclaimed with sincerity. Then she recognizes me then says, “Oh, hi Evangeline! How was your summer? Do you want to sit in the cart with me?” She rambles on while pulling my arm to an empty compartment before I can say anything. “I am sorry I didn’t get to talk to you much that day at the ice cream parlor but they were shocked to meet a friendly Malfoy. And well I was having some…problems that day; boys can be so stupid, so I wasn’t talking much.” We continued talking, getting to know each other better and sharing stories when two figures walk up to us. “Kyla, we have been looking everywhere for you! Oh…uh…hi Evan.” Harry asks extremely worriedly then stutters the last sentence and manages a smile, but I see a question start forming on his lips. “Hey Potter, if you were more confident and less of a wuss and a pureblood then yes, maybe I would go out with you. But I can see that will not happen so bye Kyla, I have to look for my brother and my friends.” I get up and attempting to storm off but am not successful because Hermione grabs me and pulls me back, “Evangeline, how dare you talk to Harry like that he just has a crush on you, chill out! And we were thinking you were different from the Malfoys, guess you fooled us.” She said then letting me go but I bump into someone, of course it’s Draco. “How dare you talk to her, you filthy mudblood! And, eh, Potter she is so out of your league, don’t you dare think of trying to date her again!-“ Kyla mouths ‘bye’ because she knows I’m not, truly, the kind of person to be that mean and I didn’t mean what I said. Although I’ve known her a short period of time, we picked up each other’s personalities quickly and understand each other’s situations even though we never actually said it.