Chapter 7

Evangeline’s P.O.V

During the entire Defense Against the Dark Arts class, Kyla was totally out of it; it was as if her mind was one-hundred percent occupied with flashbacks and daydreams. The class ended and it wasn’t until Kyla was up the Astronomy Tower that her heads came out of the clouds.

Just as we were in the doorway that led to the class, I pulled Kyla aside and asked, “Kyla is everything alright? You have been like unaware of anything since we stepped into Umbridge’s class. Do I need to take you to the hospital wing?” I stared at her hoping she will answer me and tell me the truth.

“Evan, I’m fine, just a little tired that’s all.” She replied nonchalantly. ‘Guess not!’

“I know something is occupying your mind, I can tell because you have that look of concentration on your face.”

“Fine! You caught me, something is on my mind, but I don’t want to talk about it until I think about it some more, okay!” She replied those last words quite harshly and this is Kyla we’re talking about, since when can she be so harsh. I can usually read people well, so I know this is a touchy subject for her, she will tell me eventually, in her own time, and I’m okay with that because I am very patient, usually.

“Okay then.” And with that we walked into our last class of the first day. Professor Sinistra was the only teacher that didn’t pair us off in groups; letting Kyla cool down I told her she could be partners with Harry and I would be partners with Seamus, and that would be the start of a fantastic class. Professor Sinistra was pretty laid back, not really caring if we paid attention or not, it was all review anyway; review of the spectacular position of Jupiter and Saturn last year, and etcetera.

“So how are you?” Seamus asked

“Eh, I’ve been better. I’m just tired, long first day you know?”

“Yea, I do. So I don’t know if you heard, and well I did just meet you today, but there’s a school dance coming up next week to kick off the new school year and…I was ummm…just wondering if… wouldyouliketo gowithme?” he rushed out those words just how Blaise did on the train, but this time his nervousness didn’t embarrass me, it only made want to get to know more about this Seamus fellow and oh I don’t know, maybe even release my inner girl- the giggly and flirty one, but let’s hope not, I don’t want to scare anyone. His nervousness and hopeful look in his eyes made my eyes water up a tad; I couldn’t help but think, he must really have a crush on me if he is asking me out on the first day I’ve known him.

“Yes! I would love to go to the dance with you!” I answered with a lot of enthusiasm to let him think I really didn’t want to, because I did, I feel so comfortable talking to him it almost seems like I’ve known him as long as Draco, but better, like I actually talk to him and can be myself around him.

“Great! So until then, do I get to know more about you?” He asked and smiled, and I really couldn’t resist that smile.

“Definitely!” And with that class was over and Kyla grabbed me by the arm as I got my bag and rushed to an empty corridor. ‘Kyla? What in Merlin’s name is all this about? What on earth could have possibly happened in the last class?’ Then it hit me, I was partnered with Seamus and she was partnered with Harry, oh no more boy talk!

*Next part of this part includes Kyla’s and Harry’s conversation because no one was paying attention to Astronomy.

Kyla’s P.O.V (Back to conversation in Astronomy)

Professor Sinistra started reviewing us on previous years of Astronomy but there really wasn’t that much to do and she knew it, so the majority of the class was quietly talking with their partners.