Chapter 16

The weather keeps getting colder; Christmas is definitely on the way. Harry has been more distant than before and I’m not sure if I have done something or if he is just focused on everything; he has to worry about Voldemort and Umbridge, the D.A, his godfather (yes he told me about Sirius being his godfather, but of course, I already knew he wasn’t a death eater) and these dreams he has. But I have similar problems and I’m not letting it affect me or my relationship.

It was late at night and I was reading my potions books in my dorm when there was a sudden peck on my window; it was Draco’s owl. I opened my window and grabbed the letter from the owl and stoked his head as I read the letter

Evangeline,

            Christmas plans are set, mother should be sending an owl to you soon if she has not already. We are supposed to have powerful guests over, so do not dare bring one of your half-blood boyfriends. Sorry, I don’t mean to scold you, I am not our father, I just know you deserve better and that you want to please our parents. But I will support you and even though mother and father did not show it before, they really do care about you. And what’s more important than family?

                                                                        -Draco’

That’s right, Christmas break is coming up and I’m going to the Manor for the entire break. *groan* And only one D.A. meeting before break, ‘great!’

I fell asleep thinking about the next DA meeting and Harry; Harry, my boyfriend that is distant with me and whose kisses no longer held any spark; Harry, the one that somehow keeps me from speaking to my family and friends.

*Dream*

I was at home with my family and a man with his black hood pulled over his face and his cloak hiding his figure. Draco was at my side and was silent as we stared at the cloaked man.

Draco broke the silence first, “We should do it, the both of us.” He whispered to me. “Both of those filthy half-bloods broke your heart and don’t care about you. Even your best friend hasn’t spoken to you in a while; what do you have to sacrifice?”

He did have a point, Seamus no longer cares about me, Harry used me to his advantage, and I haven’t spoken to Kyla since I started dating Harry, and I even have ignored the mysterious, talkative Weasley twins.

“You are right, I have nothing but family left, and there is nothing more important than family. I will do it, for the Malfoy name sake.” I replied, I looked back to my mum. She looked down at her feet with guilt. I continued, “But we must wait, people will get suspicious if suddenly after Christmas break I start wearing dark colors to hide it. I will gradually start wearing dark colors and distancing myself from Draco and his friends to ease suspicion. Also that way, the Dark Lord will be getting stronger by recruiting more mature wizards who would most likely refuse if they discovered that we joined at such a young age.” I finished calmly, I was shocked at my calmness. Here I was setting myself up to be a death eater.

Finally the hidden wizard spoke, “Very smart and wise, young girl, you will make your family proud and bring pride and honor to them, but mostly yourself. Maybe you can teach your father a lesson or two; I have never come across a witch or wizard who is so fearless in this situation as you,” He looked over to my father in disgust (he may have not been there). “Well then, we will initiate them over the summer. Until then, Evangeline, it will do us well to have such a strong witch, such as yourself, for an ally.” Then the scene faded into complete darkness. *End of dream*

I wake up to the sun beaming through the window just as my dream ended, I immediately started composing my dream in my journal. As I was writing my dream, one part of the dialogue stuck out to me; Harry used me. ‘Will he?’  I quickly snapped out of thinking about that question before I start elaborating on it too much and therefore becoming paranoid on different ideas of what will happen,