5.

(Liv)

"Nat!! Be careful or you'll burn your own freaking house down!"
"I'm sorry ", he said with a smirk on his face.
"You shouldn't have access to kitchen tools.", I laughed. "Or the kitchen."
He giggled. Giggled? Yeah, he actually did. It made my heart jump a little.
"You're right.", he said.
"I'm lost without you!" He added and chuckled.
"True!", i answered, laughing.
He turned towards me and looked at me again, staring right into my eyes.
His suddenly so serious face worried me a little bit.
He lowered his head and looked at the floor.

"No, seriously. I wouldn't know what to do without you", he said quietly and scratched his neck. He looked at me and I thought he blushed a bit.
"Thanks for everything, Liv.", he mumbled, fixing me with his eyes. For the first time, I noticed how beautiful they were.

And suddenly we stood there, staring into each other's eyes, his body rather close to mine, an undeniable tension was there. What the heck?
My heart raced.

He took a small step towards me and slowly took my face in both his hands. Oh god.
He closed his eyes as he leaned in and then gently pressed his lips onto mine.
Holy Shit. I felt blood flushing my cheeks, and a strange feeling in my tummy. Were those butterflies?
I laid my arms around his waist. I didn't even know what I was doing anymore.
His lips were warm a kind of soft on mine.
The kiss wasn't very long, but to be honest, it felt really really nice.

He let go of me and I just stared at him. When he saw my eyes wide open, he made a worried face. I couldn't do anything but still stare right into his eyes. He looked away from me and blushed. He didn't look very happy.

"Oh my god... I'm... I'm so sorry, Liv, I- ", he mumbled, then stopped.
He was obviously avoiding my looks.
"I'm an idiot."
Just then I realised what he was thinking. I took his hand and smiled. He looked up, surprised.

"You're not an idiot, Nathaniel.", I said. "Don't be sorry for once."
He let out a sigh of relief and smiled at me. A real, a warm smile.
We both looked down to his hand in mine. My eyes wandered back up to his face and met his. He seriously had some of the most beautiful eyes.

I glanced at his lips and started leaning in, when he suddenly backed away and let go of my hand. He made a concerned face and turned away.
What is going on? I didn't understand anything anymore. Why did he just pull away?

"Sorry", he mumbled quietly. I didn't know what to say and stayed silent. After that, he just continued talking as if nothing had happened. I felt like an idiot.
Did I do something wrong?