11

Reader's POV

'What's been with you lately?'

Freddie ducked before my fist could collide with his head. He said nothing and instead grabbed my leg and flipped me over. I landed onto the padded floor.

'Maybe you can answer that question. Who are those four cadets you've replaced me for?'

I stood up and shook my left leg when it started to fall asleep.

'Replace? I'm not trying to replace you, Freddie'.

He sarcastically laughed and turned away from me.

'We no longer sit with each other during meals, you don't come visit me during the night anymore. Whenever I see you, you're with the snobby foursome'

His brown eyes which used to be full of adoration towards me held nothing but hatred right now.

'They're just new friends. It's not like I'm trying to replace you!'

He ran his hand through his hair and sighed.

'You've been my friend here at base since we first made eye contact when we were five. No one could take that status away from you'

My voice was a mere whisper now. I could of sworn that tears were forming in my eyes when Freddie did nothing but look away from me. I groaned and prepared to exit the training room before he grabbed ahold of my arm. He engulfed me in a hug and buried his face in my shoulder.

'I'm sorry. I guess I've just been jealous lately'

His words were muffled but I could still understand him. I rolled my eyes at his immaturity but decided to forgive him. He was my one true friend who I could trust here. I pulled away from him and patted his larger frame on his back. Smiling, I pulled him towards the door.