14

Avenger's POV

'Ok. We need to figure something out about this new HYDRA problem.'

'Like what? Everything is in these files. They abuse children in secret'

'That's not what I meant. Who started it? Why did they start it? Things like that'

'Why don't we just shut it down. We already know that it's evil. It's run by HYDRA for goodness sake!'

.........................

Reader's POV

'Do you ever get a strange feeling? Like a sixth sense'

I asked Freddie. He swallowed a spoonful of broth before answering.

'Not really. Why? You feeling ok?'

He placed his hand on my forehead, checking for temperature. I sighed and swatted his hand away.

'I'm fine. I just have this really weird feeling in my gut. Like something is going to happen'

'Like what?'

I placed my head in my hand. I had no idea how I would explain this. I instead gulped down my bottle of water in order to ignore his question. Freddie simply stared at me before finishing his soup. after we were done with our lunch, we returned our trays and silverware to the dirty pile. The maids had a rather, strange look on their faces. I slightly frowned before turning around to exit the cafeteria.

Freddie sighed and leant against the wall. He ran his fingers through his brown hair before his eyes peered down at me.

'Tell me what you were talking about. I'm the closest to a therapist you're going to get here'

I nodded and sat down on the floor. I motioned for Freddie to do the same which he did.

'You know about the USB mission, right?'

He nodded, signaling for me to continue.

'Those Avenger people did come and take files. I'm not sure what was on them, but they have data from this program. I have a feeling that they might try to start something'

'Are you afraid they might try to shut us down or something?'

I swallowed. If they did, what would happen? Would we be locked up in prison or even killed? Freddie placed his arm around me, snapping me out of my thoughts

'If they do, don't worry. This is what we're trained for. Hundreds of Genesis recruits against five measly losers. Think about it'

My mind wandered to that one night. I remembered the robotic suits and the man with the shield. They seemed unnaturally strong. I don't even want to know about the green creature. I didn't think they were 'losers'. They seem like a real threat to us and this program. The female officer didn't go into detail about SHIELD. SHIELD might be a threat to us too.

I looked up at Freddie. His brown eyes seemed to sparkle. I've never noticed that before. Suddenly, without realizing it, I placed my hand on the back of his head and leaned closer to his face. I only realized what I was doing when a familiar voice snapped me out of the trance.

'(Y/N)'

I suddenly jumped back and looked up to be met with Marissa. The blonde had a shocked look on her face before it disappeared.

'I need you to come with me. It's kind of important'

She said. I nodded and followed her when she headed to the main room. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Freddie run his fingers through his hair and enter the cafeteria.