15

(LN/FL)= First Letter of Your Last Name

.......................................................

I followed Marissa into the main room. We were the only ones there. I came to the conclusion that the other cadets were in the training rooms right now. She stopped and turned around. Giving me a strange look, she began to speak.

'I serve as an assistant to Corporal Huntington and one of our jobs is to arrange the cadet's files every week. These are hundreds of files and the job can take a while but I came across something...odd-'

I stared at Marissa, not understanding what she was talking about. Many members of the soldier branch assist to higher ranking members of HYDRA and may help them personally or job-related. I would hate to be Marissa. Who wants to go through files and papers all day long? But if it meant being able to leave this section of the base and explore the office areas, I would pounce on the idea.

"Your surname starts with a(n) (LN/FL), right?"

I nodded, confused about what my last name had to do with anything.

"It's (L/N)"

"From what I know of, there's only three people here with the surname (L/N). You and two boys who have been deceased for quite some time-"

I paused. Two boys who have been deceased for quite some time? Could she possibly be talking about who I think she's talking about?

"Who were the two boys?"

Marissa squinted her eyes and looked at the ceiling, hinting that she was struggling to remember.

"Ah, yes. Their names were Landon and Lucas (L/N)"

My face dropped and I looked at the floor. I suddenly felt nauseous. So that is what happened to my brothers. They died? How? My face went blank when I was blinded by a flashback.

-flashback-

"Landon, I'm scared"

I started to cry. Lucas placed his hand over my mouth so that the men driving the van wouldn't hear me. Landon wrapped his arm around me and whispered in my ear.

"We're going to fine"

Before we knew it, the vehicle stopped and the masked men yanked us out of the van. They marched us down a flight of stairs. One man dragged Landon and Lucas down one hallway while I was carried down another.

-flashback ends-

I never saw Landon and Lucas again after that unfortunate night. They possibly could be dead. Or they could have escaped. But I will never find out. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Marissa spoke again.

"I realized that all three files were missing. Even Fredrick Brant's and Luther Ellis's. Where could they have possibly gone?"

I frowned and shrugged. That's strange. But who would know what will happen with our files missing. I didn't want my personal information out there with whomever broke into our base.

............................

I sat in the main room along with Freddie, Marissa, Jeremias, Paris and Judy. it was pretty chilly outside but we didn't mind.

"How was everyone's day?"

Paris asked in her typical sweet voice. I didn't let that fool me. She was a monster when she fought. Judy sighed.

"Training and suffering as usual"

"Doing my daily job with Huntington"

"What do you guys think about this Avenger bull-crap?"

I asked.

"I haven't heard anything since the 'raid their home' mission"

"I keep wondering what they are going to do with that flash drive"

"Who knows?"

I shivered when I felt a breeze. I stood up and prepared to enter the base again.

"Good night guys. I'll see you tomorrow"

"G'night"

They all chimed. I was surprised to see Freddie stand up and follow me.

"And where do you think you're going, Mr. Brant"

"With you. I know that you're not going to sleep just yet"

I snorted.

"You don't know me"

"I actually do. I've known you for 14 years"

I rolled my eyes.

"I also know more about you"

Freddie spoke in a low voice. I raised an eyebrow and glanced at him.

"What else do you know, Brant?"

"I know that you're an intelligent and strong woman who will do what she wants"

I looked at the floor with a blush on my face. Freddie sighed.

"I realized that I have feelings for you. I think that I've had them for a while, they've just never surfaced until now'

I lifted my hand and brought it up to Freddie's face. I ran my fingers through his hair and was rewarded with a slight rumble in his chest. I grinned.

"I can say the same thing to you, Freddie"

"Does this mean we're like, boyfriend and girlfriend now?"

"I guess. Let's not take this too fast"

"Works for me"

I bid Freddie good night and headed to my dorm. Sitting on my cot, I pondered for a while. Sure Freddie and I were great friends but would this mess up our relationship? That feeling came back. The "I feel something will happen soon" feeling. I swallowed and prepared to head to the showers.