Chapter 4

I look around me to see who threw me the note but I couldn't seem to notice who it was. Everyone was focused on their work, and there was no clues yet for me to figure out. I open the scrunched up piece of paper and scoff loudly when I read it. The teacher gives me a look and I look around me to see everyone staring at me like I'm stupid. Only two people looked different, Cole who seemed utterly uninterested and the jock that made that lame "brown" joke.

I take my red pen out and think of a reply to his letter which looked like it was written by chickens. His letter read —

"I would tell you a joke about my dick but its too long ;) - bry"

Could he be any more stupid, right? Not missing a single beat, I start writing down my reply beneath his stupid joke.

"Naw, I would also love to tell you a joke about my pussy but you will never get it :) — f*ck off!"

I throw it back to him but it landed on James' desk who was in a joined seat with Parker. Holy cheese and crackers! Crap! What am I gonna do? James flinched a little and looked around to see me looking at him. I quickly pretend it that it wasn't me when I turn around and face the board but it was too late. He already saw me. I turn back around to face James. He points to himself as if asking, 'for me?' And I vigorously shake my head no as if saying, 'no please don't open it!' Parker caught up with what was going on and all the blood in my face drained as James opened it and shared the note with Parker. I watched their reactions as they read through the note and I mentally face palm myself. How could I be so stupid? Their faces went from, interested to amused to twisted — trying to hold their laughs in. I groan and thank goodness the teacher was too busy writing some notes up on the board so she was oblivious of what was going on in the back of her class.

Just as I thought things couldn't get worse, Parker and James had the most brilliant idea to pass it to Cole who seemed bored to death sitting next to Erik who was typing away on his phone. He cautiously opens it and reads it. I waited for his reaction, to see him smile, but much for my disappointment, he didn't. Instead, he shook his head and rolled his eyes, then looked up and stared at me. He says something to Parker, leaving James to pout, and gives the note back to them. Parker shrugged James off when he tried asking, well that's what it looked like to me. Parker surprised me by standing up and walking over to 'Bry' and giving him the note with a smirk.

The teacher finally caught on what was happening and simply scowled and told Parker to return to his seat. I face the board for a minute but right after, I turn back around to see James and Parking trying to hold their laughs in and Bry looked like he may have needed to punch someome or something. Bry was about to look over at me but I quickly turn around and decide to actually do some work. I could here James giggling — not like a girl's giggle but you know what I mean — and Parker trying his best not to laugh, telling James to shut up.

I try my best to focus on copying the notes that the teacher has written up on the board. Unfortunately, I failed... The guys thought they were whispering silently to each other but they weren't. I could here each and every word they were saying. I look over my side, to see Rylie with her head hung low, clicking her pen continuously. What I did to her was horrible! What kind of a friend am I? Am I even her friend? Did she seriously consider me as her best friend? But we've only met yesterday! She couldn't have possibly thought that just because she lives across my house and she helped me find my way, we were practically best friends. That's not how it works! You have to get to know someone first before you even call them your friend. You just can't trust someone instantly. Trust me, I've been through this.

The rest of the class went by a blur with the boys whispering to each other about a party that's going to happen on Saturday and people conversing silently when the teacher's not looking. As soon as the bell went, I chased after Rylie and ignored Bry who was calling out my name. I have five minutes before class — that's enough time for me to aplogise to Rylie and find my next class.